Quote:

The TQ's AFAIK with miss matched rods story came from me. I bought a reman from Holley or another rebuilder at Autozone. I pulled the rods and found the discrepancy. I have bought 3 and they all had sloppy shafts. I have enough knowledge and parts to never buy a reman again.

Yeah; we've both been "screamed at" by a certain guy over at the /6 site about remans, huh, Rug???

On TQ's I don't dislike them; I've had a couple that I had great luck with; but my biggest beef with them is that putting them on a non stock app, (mainly non OEM intake) is that the integral choke ones are so hard to find (I think they make that version out of that stuff they call unobtanium) Like I want to use one on a Mag motor with a carb'd intake; can't use the divorced choke on an Air Gap type intake!! (I don't believe I can on the M1 dual plane intake either)

I'd MUCH rather have a TQ than anything that says "Holley" on it!!!!! but my luck has more AFBs coming my way than early-mid 70s TQ's. so I use what I get.
Whoever throws away AFBs; when Rug gets his fill I'll send you my address to send them to! (I just traded 2 Holleys for an AFB just to get rid of em!!)