Picked this up for a 12 pack of cheap beer. 9118S originally 440 truck, circa 1978. ( i am looking for match to this one as well )

I have "rebuilt" a number of TQs and never had one come out right. This one is pretty clean inside, looks like the accell. pump hose came off at some point. Otherwise, its looks good.

I have read magazine after magazine, and internet article after article. The last one I did was on a 77 motohome, and it never ran right. Made your eyes water, got horrible fuel economy, and every so often, would give me the thermobog. I've got a kit, and some brass float bowls. I think the kit came with the ethanol tolerant parts. Napa couldnt tell me for certain.

Honestly, I am not a carb guy. Never have been, but its one of the few things I cant do myself right now, so I need to get over that hurdle. So, sinc eI have a nice clean carb, and the correct parts, where do I being, what do I watch out for, and what tricks can I use?

For all the TQ haters, I do have a fresh 3310 waiting in the wings as well.

We all rebuilt carbs on the kitchen counter right?

Interestingly enough, the TQ fits on the 440 streetmaster intake without an issue, but the secondaries hit on my low deck Holley strip dominator.

I used to care but....... things have changed