Quote:

thanks 440, I was wondering when you would come on here to straighten some of this stuff out.

Not sure I'll straighten ANYTHING out... but I'll help confuse, if given the oppertunity.

Quote:

I agree with you I think these are parts he modded over the years. It was a P coded 72 charger. As he was showing it to me I noticed the following:

1. standard shoebox dash
2. Rallye bulge hood w/ no vents - the bulge was also painted flat black
3. P on the vin which I thought was 400 - 2Bbl, but it was a 400 4 barrel (Tquad on tquad intake with the correct air cleaner)
4. E body style spoiler in the correct location
5. Definately a custom interior, but all of the creases and seams fit perfectly for a stock interior.

It was a very nice car, but something in me said there is NO WAY this is 100% stock.

For what it's worth, you COULD get a 72 Rallye with the P-code 400 2v. Starting in 72, the 318 was the std Rallye engine, with the 340 4v, 400 2v, 400 4v, 440 4v, or the 440+6 as options.

HOWEVER... ALL 72-4 Charger Rallyes got the "rallye" dash instead of the std. bar dash

The ONLY way to get a buldge hood on a 72-4 Charger, was to order the Rallye package. The Buldge hood was NOT available on any other Charger.

So I'd say the guy had a standard Charger with the added goodies. Which is 100% acceptable, as long as you don't try to pass it of as original.

Quote:

On the hoods...did the hoods differ in 71 per factory or was it a mid year change?

Wish I could honestly answer this for ya. I don't have enough info to make any informed statements on this. There are 2 71 R/Ts local to me that are low milage originals...I need to do some investigation work on which hood style they have and where/when they were produced. I'll keep ya posted.