Originally Posted By JohnRR
Originally Posted By mopar346
Could be that is was cracked for a while and someone kept driving and due to time and vibration it busted out the rest of the way in one swift bang.

This , I have no idea how a neutral drop is responsible for that ???

There is no HARD mechanical connection between the back of the crank and the mainshaft of the transmission , total FLUID coupling inside the torque converter .

Neutral drops will only affect the trans internals , drive shaft and the rear end.

The many hours of running with that misalignment because one dowel pin was missing is what crack and ultimately broke that flexplate.

I'd be looking at the convertor snout and the bushing in the front drum for wear, along with changing the front seal.

Post up a picture of the converter snout ...

x2. You should have two dowel pins - and you'll need the 2nd one when you put that back together... Unless you want another broken plate.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.