Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
BradH...Like Bad340 said, no different than a mechanical pump going bad, you're screwed either way. My Meziere pump is almost 10 years old and has a ton of time on it...still working great.
We had a Weiand electric pump go bad on the Camaro last year...it still worked, but was making some awful grinding noises. Heard it when I got back to the trailer and shut the car off to let it cool. That pump had a lot of time on it too, although it was race only.

I may differ from a lot of folks, but I like everything wired on toggle switches. Just a normal relay and a toggle switch, flip it on once the motor is cranked and running clean. Then leave it on for a few minutes after I shut it off to cool it down good. That's REAL nice at the track as long as your battery is up to par.

Some may disagree, but I also have it wired with a relay, but it is wired so when I flip the fuel pump on, water pump comes on. Fuel pump is also on a relay in the back of the car. That way I dont forget to turn the water pump on. It is also wired so if I want to leave the pump on after I shut the engine off to cool the motor, I can manually turn the pump on.