Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
No one but you cares how fast you're going on motor. The only thing that matters is turning on the win light.

I flew the N/A flag for a long time in the local street car classes, but eventually got tired of getting outrun by cars w/ way less motor and a little nitrous. You know how easy it is to run in the 5s w/ a little mild small block mustang and a 250 shot? I have a friend w/ a REALLY mild 383 sbc in a full interior fox body mustang street car. On an untuned 200 shot it goes low 6.20s. When I say mild 383, I mean you could put it in your tow truck and let your grandma drive it.
This right here. As an example, Chad the guy that owns the black Buick has a 17 year old son just getting into racing. They built him a 72 Nova with a smallblock. Picked up the motor locally for a few grand. Really know nothing about it, other that it has a stock block with some aluminum heads. The Nova weighs around 3000lbs with the kid in it. Has 29.5s on leafs. On motor it goes 6.70s-6.80s and he can drive it to school or anywhere else. I dug around in my spares pile and we put a Big shot plate on it with a 175ish tune. We turn on the nitrous .4-.6 out with a timer and it goes 6.00 and he runs the 6.0 index class. Car is deadly consistent and kid is good on the tree. Always qualifies top of the ladder and he has won a couple races. Will win more once he learns to race the stripe better. When we spray it gate to gate it goes 5.70s with a nothing motor on a small shot