Moparts

TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW.....................

Posted By: Thumperdart

TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:33 PM

So, Mr. n/a forever(me)has decided to spray a small(150)hit on my dart for giggles and was looking at the PUCK system since I can't run a plate w/the heavily ported Victor under the carb cos of the adapter and I can't run a 4150 plate because it's blended into the runners and is no longer square............. drive
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:39 PM

Shoot it with the puck! OOOORRRR, send it to induction solutions for a REAL setup!
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:42 PM

I was actually thinking the same thing for the Challenger but I wouldn't want to hurt it. It is very happy the way it is. Nothing slow about a 9 sec. street car Dominic.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:42 PM

you want to run the puck so you can hide the s##t!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:44 PM

Careful Dom, nitrous is like a $20 hooker. You know you shouldn't hit it, but once ya do ya can't stop because it is so fun even though you know bad things are coming. panic

boogie
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:45 PM

Uh oh, you not gonna be Mr N/A for long... I see you sprayin the guts outta that baby! smoke Not too many people I know ever go back to N/A once they start messin' with that stuff haha!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 06:47 PM

I've been off the bottle for over 25 years..... one day at a time! laugh2

....that said, don't "settle" for some entry level non adjustable deal. You'll want more.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 07:21 PM

Too funny...........My motor will probably laugh at a 150 hit but I want a good 1/8th pass just to see a 5-second slip and to feel the rrruuussshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... biggrin
Posted By: tboomer

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 08:08 PM

Too slow?? Awwww..Thumpman...They make medicine for that!! drumhit
Posted By: Porter67

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 08:41 PM

Not the Thumper that seems to live on simplicity. Then edit.

Your motor might laugh, but dead hook your braced 8 3/4 with an added 250 lbs of torque at your current power level and it might not be happy.

Hope it works for you without eating alot of parts.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Not the Thumper that seems to live on simplicity, grade 5 main bolts that have lasted 60 years, an 8 3/4 with 1.6 million miles before his abuse started, head gaskets made from matchbook covers and he laughs at people who needlessly spend money on real performance parts. Roller lifters that have lasted 4x times longer on the street then others that defy logic ect......... Just being silly here.

Your motor might laugh, but dead hook your braced 8 3/4 with an added 250 lbs of torque at your current power level and it might not be happy.

Hope it works for you without eating alot of parts.

All in fun and I would grab it in second and hang on............NO desire to get crazy(er) and become a full time nos guy but want the "just in case" the need arises and the 8 3/4 would spit it's guts out or at least that`s what I read/heard.......... biggrin

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 09:04 PM

Really I think your the victim of good machine work and a good combo, you might have to spray it hard with your combo to gain alot.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 09:17 PM

Do it !

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 09:30 PM

I`m back to tuning it w/VP-100 and cally 91 swill and will hit the 1/8th real soon then go from there..................
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/19/16 11:41 PM

Maybe your carb just needs a few tweaks....
Posted By: skicker

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By Adobedude

hahahahahaha
ROFLMAO... laugh2
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By skicker

hahahahahaha
ROFLMAO... laugh2

X2
beer
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 02:10 AM

Hey Dom i will bite....bring it to Irwindale...Heads up small block N/A. Against a big block on spray....🤘😉
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 02:11 AM

Tweaking will be needed with the laugh jar juice for sure, but I'm sure he's got it covered. It might even be a cleaner snap on the go.
Trust me though, that once any breach into the 9 second zone is quick enough to remind anyone of how much hard work time in and time again it takes to get and stay there.
I guess in any time zone there are several well deserved and or lucky entries and many more evictions.

I'm a lifer with NA group, no pun intended.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 02:48 AM

No doubt........ biggrin Bored w/my car plain and simple and after my next passes we`ll see what happens.......... beer
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 03:22 AM

BOOST Dom,,,,,,,,,,,BOOST stirthepot
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart

No doubt........ biggrin Bored w/my car plain and simple

X2

Attached picture IMG_20151102_200152_195.jpg
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 05:44 AM

Your car is not slow Dom, just not as quick as you would like it to be.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 06:56 AM

Too funny...........My motor will probably laugh at a 150 hit but I want a good 1/8th pass just to see a 5-second slip and to feel the rrruuussshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... biggrin

Your running so Close to a 5 sec, 1/8th now. IMO, do it NA first, then add the juice. Why cheat, when you are oh so close. tsk beer up

Lose a few more pounds, shave the heads, advance the cam abity, and your there. up
Posted By: Belvedere1

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 07:47 AM

Be happy with what you have, don't mess with success. That car rips as is.
Posted By: misfired

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:14 AM

Why stop @ 150? Let it eat, I mean why aim for a 5.9xx when you can go 5.5x?? Just sayin, you have a great start imo looking forward to results!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By misfired
Why stop @ 150? Let it eat, I mean why aim for a 5.9xx when you can go 5.5x?? Just sayin, you have a great start imo looking forward to results!

The 8.75 maybe. tsk beer
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 09:03 AM

Why spray a car that already runs good?.........Simple answer is because it runs better. Just got back from the track helping a customer. 2900lb Mustang on 29.5s with a 370" small block. Ran some nice easy 5 teens
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 12:23 PM

All in fun and I would grab it in second and hang on............NO desire to get crazy(er) and become a full time nos guy but want the "just in case" the need arises and the 8 3/4 would spit it's guts out or at least that`s what I read/heard.......... biggrin

[/quote]

And all of a sudden that need will arise more and more often and you will need a bigger fix each time to satisfy your needs,sounds like an awsome plan panic

laugh
Posted By: racerx

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 03:49 PM

iagree ....Dom's car runs very well smoke how much nos can he spray when his car if it's setup naturally aspirated before he will have to start changing stuff like cams,converters,etc.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 04:14 PM

Be careful Dom. Its addictive! Maybe you should invest in some run flats, in case you drive over the crankshaft smile
seriously, maybe a low boost turbo would serve you better. I believe they have somewhat lower cylinder pressure for the horsepower generated. You might be able to get away with just the turbo, no intercooler with limited boost. It would still make great power.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 04:18 PM

My twocents Why not put the money you would spend on spray into a cage upgrade?
Then you can run the car out every pass. It would be good to see the car at the track more often.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 05:38 PM

Buck-fifty on a 470? Child's play... bring it in as soon as the front tires set down, and shift to second immediately, then shift to third about 500 rpm early. Have the two hundred jets ready when you get back to the pits.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 06:45 PM

Damn, you boyz are serious about this stuff and I love it........... biggrin Did some street testing yesterday w/my old faithful VP-101 and pump mix and got a bad vibration above 6500 in 2nd so I`ll fix that( luck) and head to Irwindale the following thu after Thanksgiving and go from there and I appreciate the comments thankxxx. No boost or turbos hanging in my engine bay ever and this is more less to see if nos is something I`d be willing to build my next motor for that`s all..........more FUN than serious but last time I said that, I was beaten, cuffed and sent to the fun house............ laugh2 realcrazy

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 06:54 PM

you know those turbos and prochargers are easier on parts than spray. I'm building my 511 with future procharger or turbo in mind.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 07:07 PM

Yep, and monkey see monkey do to me cos damn near every car runs em these days so no desire there. I`m a fickle [censored] so after a couple of weeks we'll see...........Keep it the same, add nos, sell it who knows............ shruggy

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 07:20 PM

yeah, I understand. spray would be a more affordable path to big power in the short run, but I have friends that spray and work on their engines all the time too. in the long run I think boost is the way.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 07:23 PM

Whatever works for each of us but I'M DAMN BORED.............. devil
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 07:52 PM

What the heck is a NOS puck system confused This is the first time I have heard that term shruggy

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:04 PM

It`s a round puck that mounts to the bottom of the plenum and sprays directly into the intake ports on the floors..........
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:10 PM

Glad someone asked... I thought a puck was the assembly that mounted on the air cleaner stud and sprays into the venturis! whistling

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:13 PM

Sheeeee. Thumper can lease out increments of his current power levels to many of those in need and still have enough to run the gamut.
Be cautious if you go mojo, that stuff is funny sometimes.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
you know those turbos and prochargers are easier on parts than spray. I'm building my 511 with future procharger or turbo in mind.
I hear people say that all the time......."oh, boosted power is easier on the motor than other power"......bullshizzit!!! 1000 hp is a 1000 hp and it doesn't matter to the parts how you get there
Posted By: BradH

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By Belvedere1
Be happy with what you have, don't mess with success.

Uhhhh... 'F' that! haha

Sorry, just laughing at the whole deal... wink

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By DrCharles
Glad someone asked... I thought a puck was the assembly that mounted on the air cleaner stud and sprays into the venturis! whistling

That was the N2O Systems "Top Shot" deal. I was curious about that one for a while, too. I'm sure that's about as "Band-Aid" as it can get for a nitrous setup.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I hear people say that all the time......."oh, boosted power is easier on the motor than other power"......bullshizzit!!! 1000 hp is a 1000 hp and it doesn't matter to the parts how you get there

I always figured the crank doesn't care how it ended up on the track, it just knows there was enough HP to push it out of the block. whistling

Maybe it hits the ground more softly if it comes outta a turbo motor than a nitrous motor? hammer
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 10:55 PM

My thoughts on this thumper is more guy's respect you and your car at running 6.15 NA than will if it runs 5.80's on nitrous. I'm in the same boat running 6.004 NA and trust me I will get her in the 5's NA. I truelly believe your car helps promote your carb building business as it is right now. A little more work and tuning and you will be there

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/20/16 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
My thoughts on this thumper is more guy's respect you and your car at running 6.15 NA than will if it runs 5.80's on nitrous. I'm in the same boat running 6.004 NA and trust me I will get her in the 5's NA. I truelly believe your car helps promote your carb building business as it is right now. A little more work and tuning and you will be there

I hear what you guys are saying and respect those opinions so after my next outing I'll see how much weight removal/tuning I can do and make a decision............... thumbs
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 12:02 AM

I have a few nice plates I could sell you.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 12:03 AM

Stay n/a. It's more impressive. Anyone can spray, not everyone can n/a.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 12:05 AM

That's only you and the rest of the purple shaft bridgade with those hang ups. I don't care how many poweradders you have.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

That's only you and the rest of the purple shaft bridgade with those hang ups. I don't care how many poweradders you have.

LMAO !

stirthepot
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:18 AM

Why spray a car that already runs good?.........Simple answer is because it runs better. Just got back from the track helping a customer. 2900lb Mustang on 29.5s with a 370" small block. Ran some nice easy 5 teens

How much to come help me do that?... on 26's

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:22 AM

Can't use a plate of any kind because of my dommy adapter............

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By SpareParts

Thought you were past teens ?

shruggy

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:42 AM

. Plate can go on top or under spacer/adapter

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By rickraw

LMAO ! ,

stirthepot

Funny right there

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:49 AM

Put some teflon tape on those NOS fittings and you "NOS HEADS" will think clearer. Any monkey can run 5's in a big block Dart without a power adder. LOL. Especially one that has gone 6.15 already. Save the NOS for 4.90's-5.40's

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:00 AM

You know they bolt on top or bottom.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By rickraw

I guess that's why you have Monte Smith, Steve Johnson, Jeff Sprock, Kevin Neal, Paul K at Pkre, Nitro Dave all professional nitrous tuners because any body can do it. Lol only a NA guy says that.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:16 AM

takes more skill to go fast n/a than power adder. 1000hp spray vs boost may be same at max power, but I would bet off the line would be a different story. iv been told by many boost comes on easier that spray off the line.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:19 AM

thats because you are limited n/a. if ya want more you will need a power adder.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:19 AM

Must be why all the Nitrous street outlaw guys are always blowing their stuff up.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

Must be why all the Nitrous street outlaw guys are always blowing their stuff up.

OH NO HE DI-INT haha

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:23 AM

takes more skill to go fast n/a than power adder. 1000hp spray vs boost may be same at max power, but I would bet off the line would be a different story. iv been told by many boost comes on easier that spray off the line.

Takes skill either way , do you have any idea what you are talking about ?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

Just the ones that can't use a timing light ......lol

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:25 AM

You know they bolt on top or bottom.

Can`t see a plate on top of the adapter due to the fact that the spray pattern would be hitting the wall and that can't be good and under won't work due to the heavily ported upper plenums(no longer square).......

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:32 AM

not everyone can pick a good combo. matching cams, heads compression etc, than matching that to the rest of the car. a lot easier to just bolt on a bottle and go. see many in my town do just that. I will say it again, it takes more thought to put together a 700hp n/a combo than it does to bolt on a bottle and go. jmho
I will agree if your spraying 200hp or more like multi stages you absolutely need to know what your doing and have some skill at it, but I don't believe that's what Dom is doing.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 02:48 AM

not everyone can pick a good combo. matching cams, heads compression etc, than matching that to the rest of the car. a lot easier to just bolt on a bottle and go. see many in my town do just that. do you know what your talking about. I will say it again, it takes more thought to put together a 700hp n/a combo than it does to bolt on a bottle and go.

Then the guys in your town are idiots....you still have to choose the correct parts when using nitrous, just like any power adder. I must know what I'm talking about because my car is faster than 90% on here....... Going FAST , and maybe my definition is different than yours, takes skill any way, NA or power adders. I make more than 700 NA , then I spray it. Lol

Is it harder to make hp NA than to add power , yes
But don't hate on power adders because they make MORE....lol

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:04 AM

I don't think it's hate, just trying to tell a guy with a great running car he doesn't NEED nitrous to hit a goal that he is so close to already. Sometime pride in hitting a goal the hard way drives a guy to the hoop.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:06 AM

I don't think it's hate, just trying to tell a guy with a great running car he doesn't NEED nitrous to hit a goal that he is so close to already. Sometime pride in hitting a goal the hard way drives a guy to the hoop.

Understood, because if he just wants a 5.999 then yea stay NA , plenty can be done to get there from 6.15

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Buck-fifty on a 470? Child's play... bring it in as soon as the front tires set down, and shift to second immediately, then shift to third about 500 rpm early. Have the two hundred jets ready when you get back to the pits.

BAM!! Mr. "take LY rods to the 8's" has spoken!!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:09 AM

The debate begins.......... biggrin I will give it hell next time out but I`m feeling like a spider monkey on crack right now, my stuff ugly AND slow so figured we could hash it out. I agree n/a is just as hard to tune as any other and I appreciate the kind words but 6.15 is NOT fast enuff..............lol

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:14 AM

Is Dom's car impressive running low 6s with a fairly mild, streetable combo? Sure, I guess so, but not many care that it's N/A.........apparently him included if he is talking about spraying. I doubt he says in his head "wow, I'm pretty close to that smallblock on spray, turbo or blower with my N/A BB car" when he is looking at the tail lights.

Don't know about where HE lives, but around here, you show up with a "driven" street car that won't run in the 5s with ease, you are gonna get your azz cracked. Can you be that fast N/A? well sure you can, but it's gonna take a serious piece and it won't be very streetable. Street cars these days are damn fast and if you want to out run any of them, you better be as well.

Mustang I was working on last night IS a street car. All steel car, power windows, etc. All he did was change tires for the track.

Drag Week is full of REAL street cars that run low 8s and high 7s. Don't recall seeing one that was N/A

Most guys who are down on power adders are SCARED of power adders. Either because they have tried it, had no clue what they were doing and tore stuff up, watched some other idiots tear up parts, or not SURE they can do it..........even though it is apparently SO easy.......LOL!!!!

I get a $1000 a day to go to the track and do what so many think is easy. Have to turn people down because I don't have the time to go.........wonder how many N/A tuners are having that problem?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:24 AM

I`m not claiming to be fast quite the opposite but mid/high 9`s around here is only good enuff to beat some guys but who friggin cares I RACE ME! Et chaser forever, bracket racing bores me, 8-second cars that run 11 flat gimme a brake. I`m not much of a fan of drag racing today due to all of the "same ol" crap that goes along w/it and based on the vids from Vegas, lots of "crashed" too fast for the baby tires cars there too spoiling the track...........more like NASCAR now waiting for WHEN they crash instead of if............Done now and my brakes still don`t stop so back to that bs then finding the vibration etc...........at 55 this stuffs WAY less fun and worthwhile but if my carbs help YOU enjoy the sport well then my job is done here and everywhere for that matter...... tired

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:28 AM

I'm on your side Dom, all these "keep working at it" guys and you will get there. Get where? 6 flat, is that your ultimate goal? I doubt it, so put some gas on it, go fast and who cares what they think.

As far as your blended adapter, you could actually have spray bars put in that

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:36 AM

Well! this just keeps getting easier!!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:57 AM

I'm on your side Dom, all these "keep working at it" guys and you will get there. Get where? 6 flat, is that your ultimate goal? I doubt it, so put some gas on it, go fast and who cares what they think.

Thought about that IF I spray it then no difference in the heighth of my 5 years in the making air pan I've been finalizing......... laugh2

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:05 AM

not hating on power adders as its the only way to make BIG power, just trying to make the point I think boosted will give more longevity than sprayed from what i'v seen. jmo. I thought I mentioned building a 511 with future boost in mind.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:25 AM

If you feel that you are making more horsepower... then what this calculator shows.. you probably need to get to work on the chassis..
Making it out to the track once a year isn't going to get it... bring it out to Irwindale..and let's get to work... I think it's time to experiment with /gear/ launch RPM/ converter technology has got better last couple years.. and maybe upgrade to the grid so we can really mess with the timing

Attached picture Screenshot_2016-11-20-18-10-20-1.png
Posted By: dvw

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:25 AM

As someone who doesn't spray I can only make an assumptions. So here goes. Bang for the buck a 200 shot is as cheap and easy as it gets. Quality kit, proper fuel delivery, proper ignition timing and away you go. Now if you combo has tight ring gaps, thin ring lands, poor oil control you could be on a path to destruction. Certainly higher levels of power adder will require more specialized components. Going on the edge is going to require precise tuning and a motor specifically designed for spray. But from what I can see the lower level hits aren't rocket science. Just like anything else. Better parts will survive more power. A 400 hp N/A motor is easy, as is a 400hp spray motor. A 1000 hp spray motor has to be a pretty decent piece but not state of the art ports, high compression, wild cam, etc. A 1000hp N/A motor is going to need some compression, good flowing heads, and some pretty good valve train, thus more than likely more costly. Either way most of us always want to go quicker. Just different definitions of how fast is fast. Everyone has their own challange as how to do it. If I could make 1K a day tuning I'd quit my day job and spend the money building a faster car.
Doug

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:26 AM

I'm looking forward to trying some spray next year but I will always have my NA builds too

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
If you feel that you are making more horsepower... then what this calculator shows.. you probably need to get to work on the chassis..
Making it out to the track once a year isn't going to get it... bring it out to Irwindale..and let's get to work... I think it's time to experiment with /gear/ launch RPM/ converter technology has got better last couple years.. and maybe upgrade to the grid so we can really mess with the timing

If I cage this heap then I won't get the boot every damn time so maybe we can hang and beat this thing but till then, one pass, one kill...........lol

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr

Thought you were past teens ?

shruggy

No frown I wish tho...
Posted By: racerx

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 01:03 PM

I get a $1000 a day to go to the track and do what so many think is easy. Have to turn people down because I don't have the time to go.........wonder how many N/A tuners are having that problem?

^^^Here you go spareparts^^^
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 03:34 PM

No one but you cares how fast you're going on motor. The only thing that matters is turning on the win light.

I was like you are a few years ago...just got bored so I decided to step it up. I ran mine on motor for 8 years even though I intended on spraying it from the start. Now that I've run it for a while, I might as well sell my N/A torque converter b/c it'll never go back in the car.

I flew the N/A flag for a long time in the local street car classes, but eventually got tired of getting outrun by cars w/ way less motor and a little nitrous. You know how easy it is to run in the 5s w/ a little mild small block mustang and a 250 shot? I have a friend w/ a REALLY mild 383 sbc in a full interior fox body mustang street car. On an untuned 200 shot it goes low 6.20s. When I say mild 383, I mean you could put it in your tow truck and let your grandma drive it.
Like Monte said, a 6.anything 1/8 mile is first round fodder in street car stuff anymore unless you get real lucky. Unless you're high 4s or bottom 5s you don't have much of a chance really. Last street car shootout I ran in I got beat in the 2nd round by the eventual winner who runs 4.70s. There's at least 3 that always show up that run similar times.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By racerx

^^^Here you go spareparts^^^

That's honestly not a bad deal IMO,unlike some Monte isn't just a nitrous tuner he knows how to get a car down a track
Posted By: rb446

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:31 PM

Gotta go with that....learnt that a long time ago, we don't get many chances to win any £££'s in the UK but there was an event that had a £250 prize, it was H-Up all out affair. My 340 was a 12.4 NA car and long story short, I came up against a '70 440 Cuda in the final, running 12.3, the guy said to me don't use your Nitrous and make it a race, well reality kicked in and I thought, I've never won anything yet so go for it, being nice don't cut it...took all the boys down the pub that night on my winnings.....sorry for the long story.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 04:51 PM

You guys are STILL missing one point on this subject with Dom. He is in the process of starting a business building carbs and guys (yes guys on this site) send their carbs to Dom because of how well his car runs NA. As soon as he hits it with nitrous its a whole different story. I was in the same boat with my Duster and porting heads. Guys would see how it ran with Edelbrock heads and a simple combo NA and I picked up work because of it. I had all the work I wanted without advertising or ever needing to ship a set of heads. Its was nice being in a position to turn down work. He can and will make up his mind but until he gets his car track legal and a better stronger rear-end so he can really hit it I'm betting he will lose some work he may have picked up. If he's not promoting and using his car as a business expense he BETTER get a better tax accountant. After all advertising is a tax write-off.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 05:19 PM

So let me get this straight...
He will lose business simply b/c he puts nitrous on his car and goes faster?
Everyone will forget how good it ran before on motor?
The carb is no longer important b/c the car has nitrous on it?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 05:36 PM

If you can build carbs, you can build carbs, nobody cares about your own car. I doubt anyone sends their carb to Dom because of how his car runs. They send it because he gives good advice in the carb threads, knows what he is talking about and guys who HAVE sent their carbs to him have had good results.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
So let me get this straight...
He will lose business simply b/c he puts nitrous on his car and goes faster?
Everyone will forget how good it ran before on motor?
The carb is no longer important b/c the car has nitrous on it?

Moparts gets new member everyday so no everyone will not remember how it ran NA. Thumpers car is not legal now to run the time he is and now you guys are saying to make it go faster. How about fixing the car to make it legal then really lay down a nice number. With or without nitrous. The trouble is that he will add weight making the car better so its not a win, win situation. We just had a racer die (in Texas) in a non-legal car. Lets try to make the sport safer, not worse.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 05:50 PM

Again a nos and n/a tune are identical and if me spraying loses customers, then I guess I don't need those BUT I want as many as I can get. I DON'T RACE.............I compete w/ME only and the Dart is my vessel to test my tuning skills both good and bad and have NO desire to race in events EVER or go for the $$$$ so it's not about whoopin someone it's about getting my car to perform at it's peak and I'm not too far off imo w/more to come n/a FIRST then maybe a hit or three........... drive You are correct Pit, safety is a concern and I think about it on every pass and plan on caging it if I don't sell it.......... thumbs

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 06:13 PM

No one but you cares how fast you're going on motor. The only thing that matters is turning on the win light.

I flew the N/A flag for a long time in the local street car classes, but eventually got tired of getting outrun by cars w/ way less motor and a little nitrous. You know how easy it is to run in the 5s w/ a little mild small block mustang and a 250 shot? I have a friend w/ a REALLY mild 383 sbc in a full interior fox body mustang street car. On an untuned 200 shot it goes low 6.20s. When I say mild 383, I mean you could put it in your tow truck and let your grandma drive it.
This right here. As an example, Chad the guy that owns the black Buick has a 17 year old son just getting into racing. They built him a 72 Nova with a smallblock. Picked up the motor locally for a few grand. Really know nothing about it, other that it has a stock block with some aluminum heads. The Nova weighs around 3000lbs with the kid in it. Has 29.5s on leafs. On motor it goes 6.70s-6.80s and he can drive it to school or anywhere else. I dug around in my spares pile and we put a Big shot plate on it with a 175ish tune. We turn on the nitrous .4-.6 out with a timer and it goes 6.00 and he runs the 6.0 index class. Car is deadly consistent and kid is good on the tree. Always qualifies top of the ladder and he has won a couple races. Will win more once he learns to race the stripe better. When we spray it gate to gate it goes 5.70s with a nothing motor on a small shot
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 06:28 PM

6.70-6.80 is making way more than 500 crank HP at that weight. Not bad for a junk SB.

Sent you a PM Dominic but that was before I read about your adapter.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 06:54 PM

These days a 500hp smallblock is nothing. That's just a decent thrown together build. I think he gave $3500 for the motor. Like I said, its a stock block deal with some decent alum heads. We THINK it has a flat tappet cam, not even sure...........LOL!!!
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:00 PM

We will welcome you to the meetings.......

Hi,
I'm Bob and I'm a Nitrous-aholic...........

No BS buy a kit that you can grow into because 150 hit will only make you want to go to 250 hit and on and on and on....LOL!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:00 PM

And on the subject of racing for/ME as Dom says thats exactly what I did, I wanted to run a 9 with my old junk stock block motor....when I managed to get it to 10.7 NA, I hit it next run (same tune) with a 170 shot and went 9.96...job done....last run, nobody cares how you did it, what counts is the numbers and you did it for you.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:09 PM

iagree w/ what Biginchmopar said...buy a big kit to start with or you'll regret it later.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By rb446
And on the subject of racing for/ME as Dom says thats exactly what I did, I wanted to run a 9 with my old junk stock block motor....when I managed to get it to 10.7 NA, I hit it next run (same tune) with a 170 shot and went 9.96...job done....last run, nobody cares how you did it, what counts is the numbers and you did it for you.

It DOES matter to me how fast I go n/a and anything less than a 6.05 is acceptable and a 5.70 on a baby hit or not worth the effort........

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:14 PM

Come on thumper tell us the truth. Isn't it fun going faster than most of the guys NA. I know I love doing it and with a small block it's even more fun beer

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:23 PM

ok, well yes it did matter to me as well in fact, I wanted to run a 9 NA but that was a long way off, we all have our own goals and how to reach them, I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with using an adder to do it, couldn't give a toss of what others thought.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:38 PM

This right here. As an example, Chad the guy that owns the black Buick has a 17 year old son just getting into racing. They built him a 72 Nova with a smallblock. Picked up the motor locally for a few grand. Really know nothing about it, other that it has a stock block with some aluminum heads. The Nova weighs around 3000lbs with the kid in it. Has 29.5s on leafs. On motor it goes 6.70s-6.80s and he can drive it to school or anywhere else. I dug around in my spares pile and we put a Big shot plate on it with a 175ish tune. We turn on the nitrous .4-.6 out with a timer and it goes 6.00 and he runs the 6.0 index class. Car is deadly consistent and kid is good on the tree. Always qualifies top of the ladder and he has won a couple races. Will win more once he learns to race the stripe better. When we spray it gate to gate it goes 5.70s with a nothing motor on a small shot

Saw a picture of the Nova the other day. VERY nice car.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 07:55 PM

Come on thumper tell us the truth. Isn't it fun going faster than most of the guys NA. I know I love doing it and with a small block it's even more fun beer
Some people are wired different. If that gives YOU personal satisfaction, that's great......but means nothing to some of us.

That's like saying I have the fastest 72 green scamp with a 318, single exhaust and 14" wheels. You can narrow anything enough to seem impressive. To me, it's about the number. What does it RUN.

Regardless of combos, there is always somebody faster. When you talk about numbers, you can say, yeah that smallblock runs good N/A. That is until somebody mentions Laverne's N/A smallblock, which goes 5.0s. No matter his car is lighter, has better heads, whatever. Nobody cares about that. Whats the NUMBER

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 08:10 PM

For guys that do their own work its all about pride and hard work especially in NA builds. When I start using nitrous next year my goals will be to go MUCH faster. Not just a tenth or 2. LOL. Kinda like that low 9 second Challenger with 2 power adders. Big money build with 2 power adders equals deep sleep mod to me. Bring that baby inland some and lets see it make a few passes. LOL

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 08:11 PM

I agree with that. some are wired different. I want to see how fast I can go on motor and a friend of mine just wants to see how fast he can go with what ever power adder will get him there.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 08:36 PM

Let me throw a wrench in this thread.
You are obviously good with carbs. From what I've read, you not only make great power, but also get the driveabilty aspect worked out. You may feel that your combo is close to maxed out... Could be.
So why not continue honing your carb skills by blowing some air through it? Get a procharger or turbo and make some real power while EXPANDING your knowledge AND business?
This whole N2O talk from you just appears as if you are throwing in the towel, and I don't see how it will help your carb biz.
Just my biased view!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 08:58 PM

It's kind of like my current situation...I have a lot of power (about 1100 hp), but my car is a tank (3900 lbs). Everyone seems to love the fact that my car still has all the factory interior, factory body except for the hood, etc., but when I lose to a car making 200 less horsepower than I have, no one cares. I can always say yeah, my car is 800 or 1000 lbs heavier than that one, but I lost and that's all that matters.

Having an 8 sec, nearly two ton car sounds awesome when talking about it on the internet, but getting outrun at the track by guys w/ a lot less power in 1/2 the car is all anyone sees.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 09:19 PM

Yes sir it is and still beat two faster cars on the street..........TRENDZ, no air pumps for me, too hard to tune and the margin of error is less and I'm not throwing in the towel just yet..........
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 09:23 PM

What happend here?
This thread almost makes me think im logged in on moparts about 10years ago:D

I would go with Montes advice of putting spraybars in your present spacer.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By TRENDZ
You are obviously good with carbs. From what I've read, you not only make great power, but also get the driveabilty aspect worked out. You may feel that your combo is close to maxed out... Could be.
So why not continue honing your carb skills by blowing some air through it? Get a procharger or turbo and make some real power while EXPANDING your knowledge AND business?
This whole N2O talk from you just appears as if you are throwing in the towel, and I don't see how it will help your carb biz.
Just my biased view!
Why does it need to be anything about his business? Maybe he just wants a faster ride. Why does it have to be any more complicated than that?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 10:56 PM

Not sure myself...........lol. I do get his points though about being able to do all carb stuff from blowers, turbos and nos however as someone recently told me; IN N OUT specializes in what? Burgers.......not burritos, steak shrimp etc. and we can all agree about how successful they are........... beer So burgers it is for now at least......... penguin

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 11:21 PM

however as someone recently told me; IN N OUT specializes in what? Burgers.......not burritos, steak shrimp etc. and we can all agree about how successful they are........... beer

So burgers it is for now at least......... penguin

So your staying NA. work laugh2

I myself can be impressed with just, what a car runs, reguardless of a power adder.

But I still respect the NA stuff when someone can go fast with it. I still carry the NA flag myself. Not quite bored yet.

Nitrous, not so impressed unless your running really fast.

A example given was a 17 year old with a nothing SB motor that could run 5.7,s being sprayed, engine so mild it could go into grampas pickup. See, is that impressive, not so much. Heck, they don't even know what kind of cam is in it.

So easy, a Caveman can do it. Like Shania Twain said, That don't impress me much. stirthepot laugh2

Sense of humor nitrous guys. bow

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By TRENDZ
Just my biased view!
Why does it need to be anything about his business? Maybe he just wants a faster ride. Why does it have to be any more complicated than that?

It's a lot easier to afford a faster ride when you have more business. Learning more about your craft doesn't hurt a thing. Just my observance.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 11:38 PM

So my Gary Williams nitrous carb is junk now??

Hey Thump, us nitrous guys run carbs too. Shelf your NA carb and work on a nitrous carb so you can show folsom you've done that
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 11:40 PM

Sell the 470 and build a Gen III, run 8's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4VE4X5da4
8.80@151

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/21/16 11:45 PM

IF my car was legal for 9.99 and quicker... AND IF I didn't think spraying would just be a new way for me to hurt my junk... I'd probably spray the p!ss outta it.

A street-racer friend of mine from years ago who ran a bottle on his car said he would LOVE to see the look on peoples' faces if I raised the hood on mine and there was some hi-zoot direct-port N2O injection system staring back at 'em. devil

Of course, he also said they'd laugh their a$$es off if the car didn't lay down some serious #s with that sort of hardware. whistling

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 12:16 AM

OOOOOHH Thumper's at it again. He's effectively touched a debated nerve on N/A vs NOS. Sounds like a dreaded Automatic vs Stick debate.LOL
I wanna see who gives in. Carry on.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 12:22 AM

I know I will have two 8 second dusters next year and then I will crack open the bottle on one of them. Then it gets worth while.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 12:39 AM

So my Gary Williams nitrous carb is junk now??

Hey Thump, us nitrous guys run carbs too. Shelf your NA carb and work on a nitrous carb so you can show folsom you've done that

140+ hp to the tires on two kits after I "fixed" a name brand carb..........need I say more and send it to me and see for yourself............

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
Sell the 470 and build a Gen III, run 8's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4VE4X5da4
8.80@151

NEVER..............LOL

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By Sport440

however as someone recently told me; IN N OUT specializes in what? Burgers.......not burritos, steak shrimp etc. and we can all agree about how successful they are........... beer

So burgers it is for now at least......... penguin

So your staying NA. work laugh2

I myself can be impressed with just, what a car runs, reguardless of a power adder.

But I still respect the NA stuff when someone can go fast with it. I still carry the NA flag myself. Not quite bored yet.

Nitrous, not so impressed unless your running really fast.

A example given was a 17 year old with a nothing SB motor that could run 5.7,s being sprayed, engine so mild it could go into grampas pickup. See, is that impressive, not so much. Heck, they don't even know what kind of cam is in it.

So easy, a Caveman can do it. Like Shania Twain said, That don't impress me much. stirthepot laugh2

Sense of humor nitrous guys. bow

Maybe but I meant to address TRENDS comment about phasing into blo-through and blower stuff and that at this time theres no way to test that stuff therefore not an option or desire hence..........IN N OUT does burgers and only burgers........... beer
Posted By: tboomer

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 01:16 AM

Damn!!! Winter is here!! Yeeee-Haaaaaaw!!!!! Santa4

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer

Where have you been Instigator???
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 01:37 AM

Some people are wired different. If that gives YOU personal satisfaction, that's great......but means nothing to some of us.

That's like saying I have the fastest 72 green scamp with a 318, single exhaust and 14" wheels. You can narrow anything enough to seem impressive. To me, it's about the number. What does it RUN.

Regardless of combos, there is always somebody faster. When you talk about numbers, you can say, yeah that smallblock runs good N/A. That is until somebody mentions Laverne's N/A smallblock, which goes 5.0s. No matter his car is lighter, has better heads, whatever. Nobody cares about that. Whats the NUMBER

He doesn't even realize that as he's bragging about this Nova with a $3500 engine going 5.70, ......he's doing just what he is mocking others for.......amazing.....

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 01:51 AM

[

Maybe but I meant to address TRENDS comment about phasing into blo-through and blower stuff and that at this time theres no way to test that stuff therefore not an option or desire hence..........IN N OUT does burgers and only burgers........... beer

I knew what you meant. grin beer
Posted By: skicker

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer

Where have you been Instigator???

It's that delayed reaction time thing holding him back... biggrin

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By 6_pack_runner

He doesn't even realize that as he's bragging about this Nova with a $3500 engine going 5.70, ......he's doing just what he is mocking others for.......amazing.....
As usual, you are an idiot and cant read. It's not my car. The point was it runs 5.70s for hardly any cash. Show me the N/A combo that does that, plus that's plenty fast for a first year racer that is 17

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 06:53 PM

Crickets here....

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 08:35 PM

Monte pointing out the obvious.... and waiting for system suggestions for the slow guy!

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 08:44 PM

I was put up to this by two other MOPARTS members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmKr8slxmk
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By 6_pack_runner

As usual, you are an idiot and cant read. It's not my car. The point was it runs 5.70s for hardly any cash. Show me the N/A combo that does that, plus that's plenty fast for a first year racer that is 17

He never said it was your car....
Posted By: GTS340

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 09:38 PM

Since nobody has brought it up yet, is the general consensus that his stock 400 block will hold 850 horse just fine?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 09:38 PM

Sure you were! laugh2

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 09:48 PM

The point was it runs 5.70s for hardly any cash. Show me the N/A combo that does that, plus that's plenty fast for a first year racer that is 17

.... and is the son of a record setting n2o car owner, and assisted by one of the best n2o tuners in the country, and gets parts out of said tuners junk pile.... Anyone can do it! Oh, wait. grin
Love ya Monte, but you use this kind of stuff on a bunch of threads. I know minimal bits of info on making a n2o car live. But it would be easy for me too if you issued the parts and gave me the tuning advice. Did you charge the 17 year old $1000 a day for this?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 09:55 PM

Just because Monte helps Chad with the Buick, doesn't make Chad a fool... Think him or his kid hasn't absorbed any of the info Monte has helped with?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:00 PM

No, quite the contrary. I totally admire Monte and his tuning advice. It has helped me greatly in chassis understanding.
My point is only that what may seem simple on the surface, is not for those of us a bit in the dark.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:04 PM

I'm guessing the Nova was put together with GOOD parts from the get go also. Not like the car has slapper bars and CE 90/10 shocks on it... I would also guess the car 60's quite well.

The bottom line is, Nitrous can be a simple way to make the car go faster without breaking the bank. As far as Dom losing customers, well his work and how he treats customers will be what determines that. PERIOD.

Attached picture 14330146_1781335025447360_8950648284836488847_n.jpg
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61

Sure you were! laugh2

I Like it .LOL
Posted By: dvw

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
I'm guessing the Nova was put together with GOOD parts from the get go also. Not like the car has slapper bars and CE 90/10 shocks on it... I would also guess the car 60's quite well.

The bottom line is, Nitrous can be a simple way to make the car go faster without breaking the bank. As far as Dom losing customers, well his work and how he treats customers will be what determines that. PERIOD.
Is this "The Nova"? If so it is pretty nice beginner 17 year olds car, bead locks, Heim tie rods, rack and pinion, nice paint and body. Not begrudging him at all but it didn't come from a after school job at McDonalds.
Doug

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:32 PM

Yes it is, but I think some people are missing the point.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:37 PM

Is the car LEGAL to run 5.70's or is he out there winging his life in an unsafe car.

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/22/16 10:53 PM

For sure legal to 8.50's.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/23/16 12:08 AM

Man you guys get off topic easy...........[ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]?

Back to running Nitrous Oxide!

NOS, NOS, NOS friggin' import talk. Stupid!

Thumper-Plenty of good companies out there maybe Monte could help you? Maybe a member discount. smile Trying to help best I can.
Posted By: D-50

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/23/16 01:44 AM

That's my local track, they do not tech. You need a helmet and seat belts.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/23/16 02:26 AM

Is the car LEGAL to run 5.70's or is he out there winging his life in an unsafe car.

"Durn unsafe Hellcats and whipper snappers running NOS (NOS(one word) not N O S), gonna kill yourselves! AND GET OFF MY LAWN"

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/23/16 05:02 AM

The Nova is Chad's old ORSCA EZ Street car that he has owned since he was a teenager. It has an 8.50 cert mild steel cage, Smith Racecraft bolt in front stub, leafs with Cal-Tracks. It's much prettier from the outside than it is nice underneath. It had been 5 teens with Chad's old 598 but we were out of car and it was unpredictable. It was parked when he bought the Buick. Jackson(Chads son) paid for the new wheels with his own money. Micah White, our friend who was recently killed, that was on our crew owned a body shop. He painted the car and put the top on it for Jackson and the kid worked the bill off at the shop in his spare time. Chad is a farmer and Jackson works on the farm when he is not in school. Hard work is not something either are scared of.

As far as the proper way to run nitrous and prepare nitrous motors......I tell people how to do it everyday on the phone. I can tell you what to do and how to do it safely. All people have to do is listen. I help way more people over the phone than I go to the track and personally tune. And guess what........phone calls are free
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/23/16 06:16 AM

Very challenging to tune 2 carbs on a roots.You should have that knowledge.I've been at it for years and still learning panic
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/28/16 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By MoparBilly

You will laugh at the 0.052 jet I hit the 493 with, track went away towards the end of the night and I was having issues hooking...but I am not NHRA legal for my chemically enhanced ET... tsk

Thump, you fill the bottle up yet?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/28/16 02:20 AM

Not yet and am fiddlin w/my dommy and then a new elec. water pump then the track. IF it goes a 6.09 or better, no nos needed and will take weight out if NOT, panic

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/28/16 04:28 AM

Not yet and am fiddlin w/my dommy and then a new elec. water pump then the track. IF it goes a 6.09 or better, no nos needed and will take weight out if NOT, panic

Is your high-RPM miss resolved, yet?

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/28/16 06:02 AM

Gettin better and the miss was a too rich condition due to a couple of changes to the carb I made w/new boosters and stake tubes so leaning it out helped a lot but ran out of fuel. Weather's getting nasty so after I add 2 degrees of timing and lean it out a bit more, it's track time. I learned a valuable lesson about plug reading and confused small carbon bits as peppering/detination so it was a rich miss and just jetting down 2 and 2 it went from the 9's to the 11's and pulled past 7000 easy AND damn near sideways.............. boogie If it doesn't go 6.09 at 111+ ish, a small hit is next............
Posted By: cuda499

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 12:26 AM

So, Mr. n/a forever(me)has decided to spray a small(150)hit on my dart for giggles and was looking at the PUCK system since I can't run a plate w/the heavily ported Victor under the carb cos of the adapter and I can't run a 4150 plate because it's blended into the runners and is no longer square............. drive

Went down the exact same road with a pump gas 499 street car. Mine has a 4 speed. Car made 540 to the tire, ran 10.50@130 on steel wheels. mainly just raced the car on the street.

I purchased the puck system and a dedicated fuel system and never looked back!!!! Last year the car was on a 300 shot all year, never misses a beat! Car made 840ho 885 trq to the tire on a stock block, mahle pistons and plasma moly rings! I had the nitrous wired hot to a button on my steering wheel, and when I would power shift, it would spit fire out of the back. Was tough convincing people that it was a N/A car at night! Absoltly loved it and didn't worry about turbo guys driving around me in the big end, I was always out front to start and then id grab the system.....

Main advice I give from my combo....... Start very low with timing, then once it works perfect, slowly start to creap it back in! Timing will create cylinder pressure and even detonation.....This will kill the motor, weather its a 150 or a 350....
Everyone says, oh its a 150 so I pulled 2 degrees for every 50hp of jet..... Drives me crazy.

Best thing at the track is when you pull timing out of someone elses car and it goes faster....... And the look on there face

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By cuda499

Went down the exact same road with a pump gas 499 street car. Mine has a 4 speed. Car made 540 to the tire, ran 10.50@130 on steel wheels. mainly just raced the car on the street.

I purchased the puck system and a dedicated fuel system and never looked back!!!! Last year the car was on a 300 shot all year, never misses a beat! Car made 840ho 885 trq to the tire on a stock block, mahle pistons and plasma moly rings! I had the nitrous wired hot to a button on my steering wheel, and when I would power shift, it would spit fire out of the back. Was tough convincing people that it was a N/A car at night! Absoltly loved it and didn't worry about turbo guys driving around me in the big end, I was always out front to start and then id grab the system.....

Main advice I give from my combo....... Start very low with timing, then once it works perfect, slowly start to creap it back in! Timing will create cylinder pressure and even detonation.....This will kill the motor, weather its a 150 or a 350....
Everyone says, oh its a 150 so I pulled 2 degrees for every 50hp of jet..... Drives me crazy.

Best thing at the track is when you pull timing out of someone elses car and it goes faster....... And the look on there face

Good REAL WORLD info thankxxx man................. thumbs
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 01:08 AM

If your not 5.20s or better on the hose, you will still be slow

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 01:12 AM

In YOUR world not mine............Just a lowly, ugly slow azz street car........

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By cuda499

Good REAL WORLD info thankxxx man................. thumbs

Did you notice that he was STILL telling guys it was NA. LOL
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 01:24 AM

Spraying a bad tune up doesnt make it go faster
it tends to blow them up
wave

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 01:45 AM

I have an idea about a "good" tune and the baddest west coast nos guy in my corner Chuck Roberts so no worries........... thumbs

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 02:06 AM

I have an idea about a "good" tune and the baddest west coast nos guy in my corner Chuck Roberts so no worries........... thumbs
Doubt Chuck has much if any Mopar experience, but he is a good guy.

Now a Mopar doesn't KNOW it's a Mopar, but Mopar heads for the most part are not nitrous friendly and neither are the old school cams most are enamored with. So whatever you think is safe on timing to start with, you are still likely too high, so take more out. Low timing never hurt anything but the time slip, whereas too much timing will get you started on an ash tray collection

If it likes 12.8 or so on the motor, that's where its gonna need to be on the hose as well

Re: TIRED OF BEING SLOOOOOWWWWW..................... - 11/29/16 03:10 AM

Thankxxx Monte and we talked a bit about this stuff but not enough till I decide to go forward w/the spray.......... thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums