Quote:

Very cool car, i know what you are going through, the wheelie bars will help, BUT shock adj, Progressive for the nitrous and digital7 are the real keys to going fast with your car. I have been 5.30's witha lot less motor and 440-1's at 3500lbs. THe biggest improvements ive made is keep the front down with a progressive, and working with travel and shock adj. You will go the fastest when you keep the bars from ever hitting the ground. With the motor you have i would be as bold to say you can go 5.0s or even in the 4's YOull see when you get the wheelie tamed just how much nitrous you can put to it,
My car is the same as yours, ladder bars with coilovers, 295 drag radials, street car 3500lbs

I've got the digital 7 box but not the progressive controller. We also have double adjustable shocks in the front with the Alterktion front end. We had it too tight in the front right after putting those on and it wouldn't transfer any weight. We slowly backed them off a little at a time until it seemed tame. Then.....wham, outa nowhere it decided to launch to the sky again. It just so unpredictable. I know I could more than likely tune it out with the digital 7 with a timing curve but I think I would feel more safe with the wheelie bars on it before we run anymore. The chassis shop we are taking it to has done several heads up ten five cars in this area and he says he can set it up to like you say to where it never gets on the bars. We're looking forward to getting back to the track with it. 5.0s is a pretty lofty goal, but I hope you're right. I would love to show up in a crowd of chebbies and ferds and lay down 5.0s!!! We'll see.....

Did you progressive controller help you that much? Which one do you have and how much percentage do you leave the line with, and when do you bring it up to 100%?