Yes, that is what I was thinking. Sinking the bars within the A and B-pillars and even down the quarter sills to the trunk/rear wheel well area. The halo is the easiest along the roof line underneath the headliner. The door/s jam would be a challenge indeed, but could be done. The only giveaway being the cross lower back bar tying the halo at mid section. Now does that constitute a full legal multi-point cage? not really, but safer than nothing at all. The set up would introduce unorthodox turns and mounting/anchoring points, but it could/should work effectively as far as performance. Safety is to be wondered.

The look of these cars is the main focus for the participants and especially the fans. It's a smoke and mirrors dream that this is what could have been. The black magic is in the tires themselves and since these cars leave rather soft and then settle into their respective cruise comfort upstairs, it would seem that everything is dandy. Most if not all of these cars have been built with some rather stout and stable engines. No violence at the line even with the STICK cars and not much of a burn out which I suspect brings turmoil to any drive train and suspension. Though, that being said, I bare witnessed to one of them without a bar/cage starting to wrinkle the B-pillar quarter panel section.

Most of these cars are civilian types and are not matching numbers $pecimens, only a few are real deal J-M-R-V-X-Y and Z cars so surgically cutting, fusing and making them safer would not be an issue other than a lot of work and planning which leads to $$.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 11/01/16 05:43 AM.