TommyD yes, yes. I had a senior moment on Brian's name.
Yes he went low 11.70's all day long while peddling it to keep the tires glued. Stripe and color were super cool.

Those cars are indeed impressive, but like mentioned above, safety first instead of splendor. I would hope that they all realize that a multi-point check on crucial parts become the norm. It is a relaxed environment, but if anything happens, it's going to send a shock wave heard around the racing world.

I think that the cars represent what we all dearly miss, that old days innocence and street smack talk and stalk that made us love the muscle era in the first place.
Personally, I wish that the rules indicated that a full roll cage would have to be implemented to the high rollers, but that the cage would have to be completely hidden. If I were to join the fun, ( and I can't) trust me when I say that I would have a rather unique hidden roll cage along for the ride.

I was checking tires and I gotta admit, when I saw something odd on one of the cars tire surface, or what's left of them, I hunted the owner down and brought it up to him. He at first chucked it off as something that is usual, but then I saw him asking another F.A.S.T cat about it to make sure.
At the start or end of it, we are all Brothers of the same kind. I want to see 'em race, but also I want them to get through the Amen corner safely.
They are a batch of nice keen guys that reflect what it must of been like with the Chrysler, GM, Ford and AMC engineers back in their hey day and nights.