Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
My problem is this: Got my assembled block back from the machine shop and they didn't zero deck it, even after I told them I wanted to know how far the pistons were in the hole before they finished it up...so that I could determine whether it needed to be zero decked or not.
You might consider having another shop remeasure everything, You need (& want) to know where the error is then you can make a practical plan to resolve it. You NEED the short block to be dead on then all the peripherals you add on and your fine tuning will give you a spot on eng with nothing left on the table. Any carpenter will tell you that the foundation is the most important part & when the house is built or even halfway built it is too late to correct things. You are in a perfect position to correct things NOW

At the very least I am going to pull those two pistons and take them to another machine shop and have them double check the pistons, rods and bearings to make sure it's not them...or if there are any small differences, I can try to even things out a little.