HELP.... A gentleman came into the parts store where I work and asked me if I would be interested in purchasing a 1966 replica of a 36 Cord roadster commissioned by Chrysler. HMMMM, I'd never heard of such a thing. Another MOPAR buddy told me that it wasn't a replica but rather a car called the AERO.

My customer said it was a thick and slick fiberglass body, had a 440 and torqueflite in it, and was pretty much the oddest thing he'd ever seen. Weather being what it has been and it getting dark so early, I have yet to go see it.

Does anyone know about these cars? How many, what they are worth both unrestored and restored. Where could one get the correct information about them. AND DOES CHRYSLER HISTORICAL SOCIETY have a website?

My more knowledgable friend said he believed they made about 2300 of them but they were never intended to be released, but rather doled out for six month trials like the turbine jobs. One mid-exec supposedly inverted a couple of numbers so they could be ordered and about 1000 actually left the plant, the rest were buried in a rock quarry.

I don't know if ANY of this is true, but this car is waiting for me to look it over and make an offer. What would be a fair price.

Thanks, Rev. Mopar Racewthrev@aol.com OR call (865) 660-2440.