Originally Posted By moparx
the two bolts retaining the strut to the knuckle affect the camber setting, and as one is equipped with an offset washer, and the hole is egg shaped where that bolt goes, unless you are very careful on getting the face of the rotor or strut body back to the exact position it was before, then an alignment check is necessary or you will experience abnormal tire ware and/or erratic steering/handling issues. i'm going to guess since you have asked this question, you probably do not have the tools necessary, nor the experience needed to accurately measure the original strut and get the replacement strut back to this setting. please don't take this as a slight to you. this was not my intention. just not many hobbyist mechanics have the tools or alignment experience necessary to check alignment at home.
beer

Thanks lots of experience and tools here but no I can not do a front end alignment, I order two struts 104 dollars each going to swap them out next week then send it immediately to a front end shop, looks like easy job on Youtube , I'm looking forward to the new road feel smile ,,,,,,, Any advice on the CV Joints, they are original with 242,000 how does one know if there worn out?????

Thanks yellow

Last edited by Lawn Monkey; 08/14/16 05:11 PM.