Originally Posted By BowtieKillr
Hey flo I read somewhere to use .125 restrictors to the cam bearings. That is what I installed on a 512 im beginning to build. Is .125 too much. Should I change to .080 . This is a street strip car.

I cannot tell you if .125" is "too much". Stock there is no restriction at all and it works. The question is, how much more oil compared to stock do you want to direct to the mains and rods.

From all I found .080" should be enough to keep the cam bearings alive. I did NOT test it yet though! IF this is enough also heavily depends on the clearance of your cam bearings. If everything is really nice and tight there, much smaller should work. the otehr way around: if your bearings are really nice and tight you also do Not need a restritor ;-)

For reference:
Current Daimler 4 banger Diesel has ONE .080" (2mm) restriction for the WHOLE 16valve cylinder head:
That means: 10 cam bearings, 16 x hydraulic lifters and spray nozzles for cam followers.

Yes, there are 60years of manufacturing technology inbetween that motor and our B-Blocks, but just to give an idea.

1967 Fury III 4door HT tiny 318, late model roller block, bored and stroked to 344