I guess the question is, how much oil is it going through?
That would be the deciding factor. Might be a good time to run a compression test to see if you broke rings or piston ring lands. If the compression test shows OK, you probably blew out the valve seals or the bottom intake gasket.

I over revved the 3.9 in my coupe when I was out playing one day. Even after that, it ran nearly a full year before I grew concerned enough I replaced it. That motor had a pretty sorted history to begin with, and 149K miles on it. I replaced it with another 3.9 (I bought a wrecked truck with a good motor for cheap). That replacement used motor uses a quart of oil about every 1,000 miles when driving around town (even nearly dead, the original motor didn't use oil).
The "new" motor has 118K miles and has had a timing belt replaced.

The truck I bought (for then scrap price, $275) has nearly paid for itself from parts I've sold off, I'm keeping it around in case I need something else, too bad the frame was bent so badly.

Even with a nearly free replacement motor, I have $300-$400 in stuff I've replaced with the motor (the while I'm here syndrome).

I'd run your current motor until it shows signs that concern you. That may be a very long time. A running driving Dakota (of that era) that moves down the road (even with a smoking motor) will bring $1,000 here, parts trucks still bring $500. Run it until it dies, then sell it to someone building an old car or truck. Gene