Originally Posted By Beep Beep
I have used the Mcleod Rst and Rxt (twin disc) in my 4100lbs RR.

My first stroker motor made 550 torque 500 hp. I used the RST, and intermittently the clutch would slip. I took the clutch apart, and found glazing on the flywheel and discs.

I sent the clutch back to Mcleod, and they rebuilt it under warranty. They said for some reason the clutch never seated properly. I did perform the 500 miles break-in period.

Mcleod wanted me to use the RST again. Since I replaced the cam/intake on my motor, It now made 600 hp and 650 torque. I decide to use the RXT, and I am currently breaking it in. Breakin is very important.

The clutch feels very light. It's a pleasure to drive in heavy traffic. The pedal effort feels very close to a new car.

Centerforce did not recommend the DF for my setup because my car weight and power. I think they mentioned it was good for 500-550 hp in a 3500lbs car.

I also have an RXT in my '74 Challenger and I love it. I used Ram 3200# pressure plates and the 900 series discs and use to eat them up like candy. never go back to the Ram clutches.

I have a CF II in my all stock '72 Challenger and that's awesome too. it doesn't get a lot of abuse though. had to remove the over center spring too.

Last edited by joelson6; 07/30/16 02:24 AM.