http://www.speedvideo.com/live-event/match-race-madness-barona/

My runs are at 4:06:29 and 6:01:14

if you are a "facebooker" you can take a look at Match Race Madness page and see what it's about. It's really a fun break from the shoe polish and I think some tracks could benefit from running a few of these types events. Call me stupid, but I tow 6 hours to participate in this and unless you arrange a "side bet" you are not running for $$. Either way, I'll probably do it again. Barona is a very racer friendly track nestled in the mountains north of Lakeside CA.

About a month ago they posted up a picture of Alex George's Pinto and stated that he was "undefeated" in iirc 11 of these events. I started doing some intel and saw that he'd run some 5.9 passes at Irwindale, and that he was a 6.10-6.13 player at Barona. Well I needed an excuse to go watch Shiloh (whitedart) go run his race so I bowed in and challenged the Pinto. Now to be honest, I really thought I was making a poor decision, but in reality the times were kind of close so I figured WTH! (btw whitedart lost high gear at Irwindale thurs night prior to the event so he was not present).

Now I've participated in two of these events prior to this one. The first one I met a guy from San Diego at March Meet who clued me in to this whole deal. I contacted the promoter and he had a 67 Chevelle vs 69 Mustang deal and got them to agree that a small block Mopar would be a cool addition to the mix. I hauled down there and we were all running small blocks, and I was the only one with a 4150 carb which always seems unassuming. No challenge there and I took care of business. Second trip down there my original opponent no showed and they paired me up with a BBC Chevelle with a little help from NOS. I was definitely outgunned, but first pass he was all fuel and no NoS. Second pass I treed the c rap out of him and it was a good thing because that's what won it for me. Any more tuning passes and I would have been toast!!

It's funny about this event. It kind of brings back that good ole unknown quantity about racing. Kind of like when that "out of towner" used to show up on your cruise strip looking to challenge the locals. I actually posted up about 15 picts of my 1/8th mile increments from Famoso, and Sacramento which were all in the 6.13 range while we were "dancing" prior to the lock in. I failed to mention the gear and torque converter change prior to this event smile