Quote:

OK what color is it? It looks orange on my monitor but maybe it is juts me. Some times color can tell you plenty. If it is red about the only red converters I know of are built by Hughes Performance. Of course I have never understood the "J" mystique.

IMO
These converters are nothing special. But 20 years ago they were. Now custom converters are made by everyone, and easy to find. These converters work pretty darn well though. I can say they're as about as efficient as one could expect.
Again
IMO
they are not a all out race converter at least in my book. One couldn't compare these to a custom 8" or 9", just not the same animal. These converters work extremely well on the street, or a duel purpose car. The last one I had was a Turbo Action Unit I sold to a member here on Moparts (kicking my self). I had the converter updated by PTC, cause I thought, along with many others, they could make it work better...Well it didn't. I think converters are hit or miss, and custom converters too. I don't care if its a custom converter or what, most people are content with how they perceive they're converter work. I know it can take several tries to see what a combo likes. And can get expensive quick.
I didn't set out looking for a "J" converter, a buddy had it, when I told him I was in the market for one. It was a good deal, I know the history behind it, and usage since new, which was "run" very little.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]