Originally Posted By Crizila
Originally Posted By poorboy
Moparx, If your panel is going to reside in the outside weather conditions, the flexible cable for door wiring is the way to go. The brass contact setups can quickly become corroded enough to not make consistent contact when exposed to real weather conditions. They are OK on a indoor show poodle, but not so good on something that even semi resides in the real world.

I had a friend that bought an ex-show car that had the brass connectors, after about a year in a very pampered, but regularly used ride (cruising & car shows), cleaning the brass connections became part of the daily car cleaning process, because of them making the poor connections. After a couple of years, he replaced the brass contacts with flexible cables. Gene
and when those contact surfaces start to degrade, they create heat through resistance - before they finally go open or trip the fused circuit.

ah, YES SIR ! and i have fixed my share of melty wires over the years. i know better, and i don't know why i even thought about that route. i guess my "oldtimers" disease need reminding by you guys every so often. thanks for the "pants kicking" i deserved for even thinking about those contacters !
beer