Quote:

Quote:

The 403 Olds ? ... did you use them bone-stock? .. no mods to the piston deck or pins ?
The KB's that were mentioned ... these are forged ? ...
Now on the top ring location vs top of piston ? .... what is the minimum spec? (no spray or boost)

Nothing yet it's just on paper(& in my head ). I am a quench fanatic & I cant get it with all the combo's I dreamed up so using the olds piston my be out & they are a dished piston so I'd have to machine the outer perimeter down. the pins are .9804" another problem, then buy the cutter & notch for valve clearance but maybe not needed as I had plannd on a stock cam. Sometimes I thrive on misery & as mentioned this might be one of these occaisions but I cant see $1899 for a 440 source kit when I just want to throw together a BB for a daily driver 65 dart(hence the cast pistons) plus their kits MAY or may not need more work. I didn't catch the KB ones you mentioned but they are probably hypers & it'd be on their site to easily access. standard ring gap would be ~.004" per inch of bore dia(top ring) unless it's a KB hyper then maybe .0065" per inch but check their chart and .003" per inch of bore dia on the 2nd ring.

that would be correct , it's going to cost MORE in time and money to make that combo work , if it's even possible , you'd be better off with a cast 400 piston .

check ebarf for hawksracing , he sells stroker cranks for 495ish , use stock rods and 400 pistons . but yes KB has a shelf piston that will be eaiser to work with I'm pretty sure in both forged , but definitely hyper .