Originally Posted By Steve88
Its not a 73 but its close! 18X8 fronts and 18X11 rear.

Must say, I like those darker rims with the white paint job.

Originally Posted By OzHemi
Just adjust down the torsion bars.. work

Forgot I could adjust the height this way, I did a front end rebuild a few years ago and set the torsion bars in 'stock' position. I thought I would have to change it by getting some 1" or 2" drop spindles for the front. feets is correct that the rear wheel well opening starts lower than the front.

However, I did just find this warning about using torsion bars to adjust height: "The torsion bars are a SPRING that instead of going up and down, they TWIST! If the bars are twisted more than they need, the front end will have no spring to it and the front end won't lift or TRANSFER weight to the rear. The rear can't rise (not the greatest thing anyway)against the stiffness of the front end.

The higher you go the stiffer the front end.(try it!) Go to low like laying the subframe on the rubbers (pyramid) and the front end won't lift because the spring in the torsion bars is unwound and the whole weight of the nose will have to rise UNAIDED BY THE SPRING EFFECT of the torsion bars. (set the front end down on the rubbers and try it. Pull up on the inside of the grill support with both hands. You won't be able to lift the car. When adjusted correctly, it will pull up easily and rebound easily when you let go) That's the same thing the car wants to do, lift the front, transfer the weight to the rear. (more to it)

WE MADE MANY MISTAKES IN THE '60S"

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/mopar-muscle-ma.../#ixzz49j6VGVLd

Last edited by 2ndopp; 05/26/16 12:53 AM.