Part 4

Took the day off for some runs at Milan, with thoughts of heading to Columbus right after for the mopar race this weekend at National Trail.

Started off by taking the car for a ride, no oil leaks... all good.

I go to get on the throttle to make sure the tuneup is close...and it won't make boost. 4-5psi and that's it.

So I go back, I check the compressor, the regulator, all the lines, I have the laptop plugged in, check the MAP sensors for the boost controller... it's all doing everything it's supposed to. So then I determine the only way it could all be working and NOT make boost... is that it has to have a REALLY BIG boost leak.

I start looking around and I find one of the clamps on the turbo is loose between the compressor housing and CHRA. AH HA! Must have forgotten to tighten the clamp! Easy fix...

Except... it's not loose... it's broke.

So I start calling around...Good luck finding a 8" V-band clamp in stock anywhere in Detroit! After calling 100 places, I finally gave up. Took it over to HardcoreB's house and he TIG'd it up for me. Good to go.

Get home (now it's 2pm), slap the v-band back on, take the car for a ride...14psi... all good.

Get home... load it up, and we head to Milan at 3:30.