Originally Posted By earlymopar
I'm curious as to why a modification of the floor transmission hump doesn't seem to be on the table as an option.

- EM
Fiberglass body was designed for a small chevy / turbo 350 combo. At present, the car is finished ( in paint, rug installed, etc. ). A hump mod is still on the table, but I would prefer not to go there if possible. With my 727 at about 1/4" off the hump ( clearance), the trans tailshaft points slightly below the diff pinion. Driveshaft to pinion angle is 4 degrees. No big deal with a 4 link and the drive train is nice and smooth at 70+ mph. Just not what I would prefer. Actually trying to kill 2 birds with this change - OD trans and get pinion angle in the 2 degree area. Wouldn't take much of a tunnel mod to get there, and a trans with OD is the main driving force for the change. FYI, when I started out on this project, I had a 360 / 727 fresh and ready to go in to something so I used it. Another alternative would be to change out the 3.55 to something around a 3.23, but I like the OD trans option best. beer

Fastest 300