Quote:

I try and stay away from Fuel Mileage threads at all cost, because half of them are full of crap. Pulling a 40' enclosed, probaly grossing 20-22K, and getting 17 MPG Maybe driving 20 MPH you are getting that. My 03 CTD gets 17 MPG with NO TRAILER, and you are going to tell me you get that hauling around @ 22K LBS? I don't care if there are variables vetween trucks, they ARE NOT going to vary more than 2-3 MPG AT MOST. Hauling my 44' grossing 25K I get 8-10MPG, depending on how fast I go, and what part of the country I am in. Open car hauler loaded, I can squeak 16 if I keep her at 62-65 MPH, it will drop to 15 MPG or so if I speed it up to 70MPH. I have had my truck for 151K miles, and I have tried 3 different programers, and while they all do help SOME, they are not gonna help THAT much I have too many friends that own diesels, and we all hand calculate to see if there is that "unicorn diesel" that can get this so claimed MPG. Well, none so far....the only one's I seem to come across are teh internet Unicorns. Between us we have 2 Duramax's, 2 12 valve CTD, 1 24 Valve, 3 Common Rail 5.9 CTD's, 4 7.3 PSD, and 2 6.0 PSD. The 12 Valve consistently gets the best UNLOADED, and teh Common Rail CTD gets the best LOADED. But none of them vary by more than 2-3 MPG LOADED. We have all pulled the same trailers for teh sake of putting this crap behind us, and pulling the open car hauler (one mentioned above) all teh trucks will get between 14 and 17 MPG. Pulling my 44' enclosed the trucks will get 7-10 MPG.

Unless you are using Propane or Hydrogen, you are not getting that kind of mileage (17MPG hauling 20K+ LBS and 25-28 MPG unloaded ) unless you are going off your overhead which is wrong I can tell you that. It is just a PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY to get that kind of fuel economy pulling that much weight. Your truck has to use "X" power to pull "Y" weight and to make "X" power it will require you to use "Z" fuel.

So, now you can go ahead and tell me I am crazy and you are right, and you have teh unicorn truck and all. Still does not change physics, and your truck can not pull that much weight and and burn that little of fuel. That is a FACT not an opinion. Let the flame start

By the way I dont have the overhead readout, I have
to calculate it, if you dont believe my numbers...
to bad... I'm not BS you