Originally Posted By Black_Bee
Originally Posted By IMGTX
You can install an A518/A500 in a B/E body without cutting the floor. All you need to do is trim some of the stiffening ribs on the tail end of the trans, and make a trans mount. I designed my own and fabbed it up from plate steel. I can help if you need me to. I still have the pattern somewhere.

You also need to change over to 1/2 cooling lines and cooler from the factory 3/8 lines.

You will need to address the controllers but thee are several options already out there.

I say rebuild it. Chrysler's are one of the easiest trans to rebuild IMHO.

You are referring to 71 and up B-bodies (what the Original poster has), correct?

Everything I have read on the Internet has lead me to believe that pre-71 B-bodies require significant cutting on the torsion bar cross member, but I would love to hear that you have installed one in a pre-71 without having to do that.

beer:

I have done this on E-bodies and they use the same frames as the 71-72 B Bodies. It should be the same dimensionally on the 70 B bodies too.

73 and later B bodes used a different Frame & Transmission Cross member. I am not sure how much work it would take. The 69 and older B bodies were very similar and are probably not much different.

Trans before trimming

After Trimming

Passenger side trimmed

Mocked up with paper mount.

Ground clearance from the side

I have since made a steel mount but haven't installed the final revision. I make them myself but don't have time to do them as a product I would sell. Too busy to make and ship in a timely manner.