Originally Posted By cdp

I read this week that allot of people like the short version, as its more positive and a shorter throw.

Since its an easy switch, I'm thinking of buying all the correct new short shifter and ditching the tall grip for the short version, and order the correct hump for the change over. Car isn't numbers matching, and I prefer the no-console look.

Any advantages or disadvantages for the change over.

Do you, or those that say they like the short shifter, have really long arms, because you'll be reaching low for the shifter? I drove an A body with an E body handle ... stock A body shifter location ... and that was what I had to do because I don't have really long arms. ... like the guy that posted above about it ...

If you want to shorten the throw then first you should drive the car with the stock shifter and see if it's really a problem for YOU, since you are the person actually doing the driving.

If you then feel maybe a shorter throw would be beneficial(???) then think about getting the 70 only B body shifter mechanism as it has longer levers and will shorten the throw.

Last edited by JohnRR; 04/25/16 12:51 AM.

running up my post count some more .