Do you think the Chevy guys are being honest and telling you what they have? Doubtful.

Maybe I am oversimplifying, but if it were me I would be talking to someone about something like a 500" with a set of cheapo CNC ported 440 source heads and a mechanical roller. Any brand X person will not know the difference from a factory head, especially painted, unless you are subject to tear down at the track? You could keep the roating assembly pretty light and the weight loss of the heads is taken off where it needs to be. Plus with the aluminum, you may be able to get away with some more compression depending on what fuel you want to burn. I honestly don't know the full potential of the stealth heads, but for the price of these things you would probably get you a lot farther than the iron since nothing really seems to come flawless from the factory anyway.

Based on the pictures I have seen, there appears to be enough material to carve something decent. Not endorsing the source never used their stuff, but for the price I would give it a shot having someone reputable do the work.

I had this conversation with my dad this morning when he talked about buying a set of iron heads from Aerohead. Off the top of my head I can't think of any reason to ever buy another set of steel heads except for maybe a pulling truck.

But if you are dead set on doing a steel headed 440 for bragging rights and piece of mind, then I wish you the best!