Domingo,
This is my opinion on the question you asked.
I have a distributor machine and mess with recurving/ rebuilding mopar distributors.

If you are having issues with proper operation of your distributors the curve should be tested on a Syncrograph Distributor Tester. Adjustments can be made to get them within specification. After they are in working order then other changes can be with knowledge that the distributor is working properly.

Now if you are looking for ease of install and reliability the Pertronix would be the way to go. Issues I see no parts available at the parts store, mail order only. I have seen weak a signal from the pertronix at low RPM, start up, on a couple dizzys that I have worked on. One pertronix was over 15 years old. A hot Pertronix coil that looks stock can be used.

I personally like the HEI, it is a 12 volt system unlike chryslers electronic that uses a ballast resistor to bring the voltage down to 6 volt. A hotter e-coil can be used. The draw back is the coil does not look stock. With the hei you can use the stock distributor. More wiring is need than the pertronix set up.

Last edited by convx4; 02/14/16 11:53 AM.