Hello!

I am in the process of starting to figure out what to do on the ignition systems on a couple HEMI cars I have.

I do have the right cast iron dual point distributor cores, however Id prefer to avoid using the original points ignition system. I would much rather use an electronic ignition setup and an ignition box with a rev limiter.

I have heard about the pertronix conversion where I believe all the internals on the stock distrobutor are swapped out for the pertronix setup and no external ign boxes are needed. However I have heard more than once that they are unreliable and not that good.

Also, I have heard that others like to use the stock points setup just to act like a trigger for an external ignition box that is to be hidden out of sight to keep everything looking stock. I have also heard that if the stock points is just used as a trigger for the ignition module, that the points wont ever burn, hence, this being a very reliable setup.

Now question is, if tge stock points are to be used as a trigger for the ignition box, I guess itd be better to just convert the dual point original distrobutors I have to just a single point setup?

Also, some people use the MSD 6al boxes to do this, however, the MSD boxes are big and bulky and require a bit of extra wiring to be added which would give extra work to hide.

...so I was thinking maybe going with one of those rev-nator boxes which look like a stock ECU and also have a built in rev limiter would be the ticket? I also believe Don at FBO systems also offers an ignition box that is basically the same thing as a revnator, looks like a stock ECU and has a built in rev limiter....I wonder which one of these 2 is the better one of the 2.

Any ideas?

Oh and also, now that we are on this subject....who would be the guy to have my stock distributors sent out for rebuild?