This has been an age old problem for the slower cars. Everyone understood the problem but NHRA. Several years ago I had considerable correspondence with NHRA on this subject but their minds were totally blocked. I even went to the extreme to build a simulation program with a fast car and a slow car with each driver red lighting the same percentage of time just to prove the advantage to the faster car. We ran the simulation 1 million times and as any sensible person would expect the advantage to the faster car was significant. If I remember correctly the advantage was 10% more wins. The written answer from NHRA was that they had reviewed the data from many races and it was not born out that the advantage went to the faster car. What a bunch of crap!!

The software change is so minor it's unbelievable that it has taken so long for the timing companies to finally address the issue. Years ago it did not impact me as much because there were a bunch of slower cars than mine in Super Pro. Now with me running 6.4-6.5 in the eigth I'm either the slowest car in the field or there may be one slower than me. Times have sure changed.

I am one who is elated to see the problem getting addressed if for no other reason but to level the playing field.

GLAD TO SEE THIS, HOPE IT IS IMPLEMENTED ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!

Max