Moparts

TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION

Posted By: 70AARcuda

TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 08:24 AM

One of the challenges for bracket racer has always been what to do when both racers, with different dial-ins, go red.

K&N Spring Fling Million co-promoters, Peter Biondo and and Kyle Seipel were passionate about coming up with a solution and Bob Brockmeyer of Compulink, the most widely used timing system in the world, quickly agreed and started working hard into turning the idea into a reality. Simply put: in a handicapped race where both drivers go red, TruSTART will change the game by giving the win to the racer who red lights by the lesser amount. The worst red-light loses, period, regardless of if a driver leaves first or last.

“We actually tried this back in 1986,” says Brockmeyer, “but for whatever reason it didn’t take off. When Peter and Kyle talked to me about it last year, it just made sense now. Prior to TruSTART, the advantage in the red-light department went to the faster car. This helps to make it just that much fairer. Just like whoever breaks-out the most loses, so be it when it comes to a red-light.”

TruSTART, a product of Compulink and the Spring Fling, will be introduced to the bracket racing world at the K&N Spring Fling Million in Las Vegas on April 12-16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNXr5pGhhw
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 10:33 AM

Let the crying begin.

I personally like the idea, but my junk is slow so it will benefit me.
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 02:13 PM

understandable, I believe that when one goes red, it can startle the other one to go red. good luck on this one.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 04:53 PM

I built my car quicker just to have the old way
benefit me.. most times I left last ... this is
a fairer way but its like changing in the middle
of the stream.. shruggy.. and it will piss off
some guys
wave
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By Deepockets
understandable, I believe that when one goes red, it can startle the other one to go red. good luck on this one.

It has happened to me more than I want to admit. Being on average the faster car, I like the old system.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 05:41 PM

Can't see why anybody would have a problem with this. You break out more you lose, so it makes sense you go red by more you lose.
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By 70AARcuda
K&N Spring Fling Million in Las Vegas on April 12-16.

You running the Spring Fling Tony? I hear it's a blast with lots of prizes and $$$ to be won. Heavy entry but heavy payouts. Looks like you have to be on your game. Has always looked interesting to me work

https://www.springflingmillion.com/prizes-2015.ph
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 07:03 PM

This has been an age old problem for the slower cars. Everyone understood the problem but NHRA. Several years ago I had considerable correspondence with NHRA on this subject but their minds were totally blocked. I even went to the extreme to build a simulation program with a fast car and a slow car with each driver red lighting the same percentage of time just to prove the advantage to the faster car. We ran the simulation 1 million times and as any sensible person would expect the advantage to the faster car was significant. If I remember correctly the advantage was 10% more wins. The written answer from NHRA was that they had reviewed the data from many races and it was not born out that the advantage went to the faster car. What a bunch of crap!!

The software change is so minor it's unbelievable that it has taken so long for the timing companies to finally address the issue. Years ago it did not impact me as much because there were a bunch of slower cars than mine in Super Pro. Now with me running 6.4-6.5 in the eigth I'm either the slowest car in the field or there may be one slower than me. Times have sure changed.

I am one who is elated to see the problem getting addressed if for no other reason but to level the playing field.

GLAD TO SEE THIS, HOPE IT IS IMPLEMENTED ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!

Max
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 07:05 PM

I like it!!!
Posted By: 451Guy

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 07:33 PM

It is about f$&@ing time. The advantage has always been with the faster car!!!!! BUT this is one NON sanctioned bracket race! It is a start but unless Brockmier is willing to grease NHRA's pocket with mega cash and the evil empire is able to figure out a way to make the racers re certify their ability to red light every two years I personally don't see it happening. Money rules this sport and most rich guys don't run slow PERIOD!!!!!! Their ego will not allow it and the money men have NHRA 's ear. Don't see it happening unless Force thinks it is a good idea. Oh yah I forgot! That is already the rule in his class!
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 07:54 PM

Yep, that's how it is in pro tree racing.

I'm OK with this change. Fast car still has advantages. May as well make them work for it on the starting line every pass. "Live by the sword, die by the sword" and all that.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By MoParFish
Originally Posted By 70AARcuda
K&N Spring Fling Million in Las Vegas on April 12-16.

You running the Spring Fling Tony? I hear it's a blast with lots of prizes and $$$ to be won. Heavy entry but heavy payouts. Looks like you have to be on your game. Has always looked interesting to me work

https://www.springflingmillion.com/prizes-2015.ph

I believe they are only running Super Pro this year...not sure ..have the delay box out of the car as of now.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 09:34 PM

Personally I dont see the need for the change. Been on both ends of the situation and never gave it a 2nd thought.
I dont think it will take off so right not worried about.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 09:58 PM

They still call it a race. Shouldn't the faster car have some advantage?
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 10:06 PM

No........because its a "bracket race" meaning closer to the dial wins. Why shouldn't that apply to both ends of the track
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 10:51 PM

“The way TruSTART will function will be exactly how we imagined it thanks to all of Bob’s hard work. To keep things fair within TruSTART, the slower car lane will always show a green light until the faster driver launches. At that point Compulink will ‘show’ the worst red where applicable.”

So if the slow car red lights, the fast car's win light will come on as soon as he leaves and vice-versa. You still know you have a free pass as soon as you leave. Seems fine to me. Don't red light only thing I can tell you.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 10:57 PM

This will be good, would like to see it in all classes esp stock & super stock. I agree, no money in it for NHRA. The faster car already has the advantage of not looking over the shoulder at the stripe.

Why should a faster car have more advantages? Entry fees and purse is the same for all within any class.
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/06/16 11:05 PM

So what's next? If one car goes red and the other breaks out, they going to figure who was the worst too?
Posted By: 451Guy

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By Deepockets
So what's next? If one car goes red and the other breaks out, they going to figure who was the worst too?

Let's compare Apples to Oranges!

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 12:22 AM

When I started racing at US 30, if both cars went red or broke out, or if you went red or broke out on a bye, you lost. Both cars red /broke out in the finals, both got 2nd place money. You also had to race for 3rd and 4th place money.

I can't imagine the screaming if a track tried that now.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 02:51 AM

Only people whining will be the faster cars. I have raced Pro Tree stuff for a long time where worst losses so. We leave together so it just worked that way. I have no issue with it personally. Never really cared for the first part of the rule myself. I think it will be a goog thing and Ill be roling in .05 for a bit smile

Only thing I think they have "done wrong" with the fling is giving the axe to Pro bracket for the week. Yeah they have a one day deal but not racing all days.

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 04:58 PM

Too bad Steve Taylor is gone. He'd love seeing his "Pink Light" rule finally being used.
Posted By: JLaSalle

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 05:58 PM

This is something thats been long overdue.It's important to note that every time the slower car leaves,the green will always come on.No distractions from the red for the faster car leaving off the bottom.A fair way for everybody involved,I think.
Posted By: JLaSalle

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Only people whining will be the faster cars. I have raced Pro Tree stuff for a long time where worst losses so. We leave together so it just worked that way. I have no issue with it personally. Never really cared for the first part of the rule myself. I think it will be a goog thing and Ill be roling in .05 for a bit smile

Only thing I think they have "done wrong" with the fling is giving the axe to Pro bracket for the week. Yeah they have a one day deal but not racing all days.

Al,they actually MUST race all four days,million included,in order to run the 32 car pro deal.$2,575 entry.I hit up my big $$$ buddy for a sponsor,but he declined so Im out. whiney
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: TRUSTART SYSTEM TO DEBUT AT VEGAS SPRING FLING MILLION - 02/07/16 09:49 PM

Yeah I saw that Jeff. Seems they reluctantly even went that far. IMO there is room at the race for electronics and non electronics racers. Seems wrong to "exclude" the bottom bulb guys to me..
© 2024 Moparts Forums