Here is the Mid-Day Update and answers to some questions.

The reason for trying to extract it was correctly answered. The block looks to be in great shape. It has a standard bore and I can get into a Hemi for a really, really good price if I can make this happen. **note** the price of a MoPar/Cummings era reproduction bare block is around $4500. I would like to get as much out as possible and drive it with no restrictions. If this were a small block Chevrolet 350, I would have made an 8 hole flower pot for my mothers front yard already. grin

As far as the deck height, that is a question that I did not ask , but will. Very good info and thank you for that "question to ask" that I didn't know to ask. **note** the heads are Aluminum 1974 Mopar heads and in good shape. The engine was running when torn down. Anything other than the magnaflux and pressure check on the heads to ask?

On the topic of muriatic acid. I have seen a video were concrete was dropped into a container of the acid and began to dissolve. Why would this filler not react the same way? What are the properties that make this different? I have seen a bucket of filler and it appears to be just a finer powder than that of sakcrete and just add water.

Also, I have seen where people have used muriatic to clean parts, so would a concentrated amount damage the block? Is there a time limit on exposure, etc? Again, rookie questions, I have never done that.

Is there any masonry bits, or diamond tip bits that would cut into the filler without the effects of the more violent hammer drill action. I guess more of a boring action than chipping?

I want to say thank you in advance and that I am writing this with an inquisitive tone only. I am not challenging or questioning the integrity of anything written above, I am asking to clarify what has been written. I write this because the written word carries no inflection of voice and can be taken the wrong way. I try and ask as many questions from as many different angles as possible( Technical, Scientific, etc ) to get the best understanding of how to attack a problem.

The General board sometimes gets bent out of shape when you start asking questions about what they write.

If you don't start it , you don't have to end it.