Yes, they split out of the cable assy in the middle. Like 440 said, those ends go to the relay. Now then, the other ends of them go; one to the starter (gray), and one to the battery (red). Notice on the molded rubber connector that goes to the starter, one large red (starter power) and the small gray (solenoid power). That small gray in that molded connector is the starter end of the gray that comes out in the middle. On the other end of the cable where the battery terminal is, coming out of that terminal is a large red, (starter power); and a smaller red - that smaller red is the other lead coming out in the middle of the cable. That smaller gauge wire red/gray is the power to the starter solenoid to actuate the starter and is switched in the middle by the relay with a color change of the wires to aid in identifying which end is which. I can't tell for sure from your picture, but I think I see a red wire ending just behind the brake booster - that may be where the relay is on your car.

Last edited by RamBlur; 01/21/09 04:20 PM.