Quote:

Huh??? The gray wire is molded into the end of the cable along with the direct power to the starter motor. The gray then splits out in the middle of the cable assy to hit the relay. Then the small red hooks to that relay also, different terminal, and rejoins the cable assy for the rest of the distance to the battery. i.e. - the relay is a relative midpoint between battery and starter and controls application of battery power to the starter. You HAVE to have something similar in any factory type configuration. Now if this is a track only car with a starter pushbutton on the dash, the previous does not apply. Also not applicable if it's a 1940's vintage auto with the starter button on the floorboards, in that case the gray and red would go to the two terminals on the floor button.

I know the one end that is molded into the cable goes to the realy on the fire wall. I was asking about the circled part. They seem to go mid-way between the fire wall and dash. In mo way would they be able to reach the starter. my engine bay looks lilke this one..well not yet but will. Notice the circled part, this is where the other grey and red split.

4963468-6packk.JPG (29 downloads)