Originally Posted By cheapstreetdustr
65 are you happy with the performance of your cam?
i have a .040 over 360 with kb 107s . my heads still flow air at .577 with out turbulence .. so i am thinking of going a little bigger just past max flow. and running a solid roller. it has 4600rpm converter and 4.56 gear its pretty heavy at 3310 lbs. but i need or can use more cam...lift at the valve is .488 (Old class rules) car runs great but i know more cam will improve it..based on heads flow...i want to take advantage of it.
im ready to pull the trigger...just dont want to buy the wrong cam.
or more than one cam at this stage...

I don't know why guys think if the head gets turbulent you should stop lifting the valve. Just because it went turbulent at say .550 lift @28 inches don't mean that at 32, or 42 or 60 inches it won't get turbulent even sooner.

With a head like you have, it's tough to get much more than .600 NET lift, but if you could do more,I would say do it. If you have to notch the piston for P/V then so be it. If you wanted to mill the stand down and all that you can NET about .700 and still get HP.

More lift is almost always better.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston