Quote:

Actually in my experience M/T's have a stiffer sidewall than many. If you were unstable at speed I'd say that you were underinflated or undersized. Street/strip radials require some pretty specific chassis tuning to work real well. I suggest you stay away from them unless they are required to make a class. ET streets both biased and radial(see above comments) work pretty well with the biased a little more consistant and the radial a touch quicker.

Bob, I am using ET street radials now. On my car they are touchy to PSI, a hair too much or too little and they wont bite. When they bite, they bite good.

My best 60 is only 1.60, so I was gonna try a set of slicks and see if I can improve on that.

'Course I still only have 4.5 inches of travel in the front. Calvert is dead set you need 5 inches minimum. The car trys to transfer weight then unloads too quick. I also havent played with the bars and rear shocks enough.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.