I believe the 4x4 motor mount brackets lifted the motor for more clearance between the pan and the front drive axle. Probably not an issue if you are not using the full suspension downward travel (no off road) or have a suspension lift kit.

Years ago, I through a car 383 (with its center sump pan and 2x4 truck motor brackets) into an old 4x4. Worked out well until one winter night I took a trip off the road into a field (actually, over the ditch). Fortunately, it went into and came out of the feild and the ride home was about 500 feet. I got to lay in the snow bank outside the garage and change the very flat oil pan and pickup tube. Then I saw the timing chain hanging down off the bottom of the crank pulley, so I went ahead and changed that as well. Judging from the amount of pan smash, the clearance even with the truck pan and the 2x4 brackets, it still would have required a pan change. The whole the truck was off the ground at least 2 times going over the ditch and through the field experience, (5' deep and narrow ditch) once going over it, and once going over it coming out, weather it bounced high enough to clear the ground after the 1st encounter is in question. That was a fun evening.....Gene