you can use 78 truck parts.

rear sump oil pan.

my 440 had a front sump with windage tray, I reused the tray with the 78 truck rear sump oil pan and the rear sump BB oil pick up tube. 2 stock gaskets for the install.

I used 78 center dump (2 driver side truck manifolds) then went to a set of hedman 79250 headers which are a perfect for the 2x chassis.. will need to have a look to see if they fit the 4x4 chassis.

you will need the 4x4 specific motor mounts, the driver side is offset with a hole to clear the oil pump spring/plug.

I recommend a mini denso 120 amp alt from a 89 ram 1500 van =external regulated and will bolt on with stock brackets. also a mini starter from a 93+ ram/dak

I run the stock SB rad that was in my 88 truck but a 86 3/4-1 ton truck has a bolt in larger/taller 4 core HD max cooling rad.. 78 stock non a/c hoses and belts fit.

if you go power steering, I suggest the high mount pump for the 78 BB trucks or a mini pump can be retro fitted for a small compact/clean look with a remote tank or tank on pump.

you may also need the small brake booster from a 86 3/4-1 ton to clear VC on the BB.

I used a stock manual brake set up with a alum plate and alum 2 bolt MC from the mid 80s trucks.

got a lot of pics of my 440 in the 88 truck if you need to see something.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 01/13/16 11:29 AM.