Hello,

I was curious if anyone on this board has done this with good results? I know this can be done and I've read SDSS website about doing this, but is it worth it? I have a fully ported set of w5's ready to go but I've stumbled on these w7's and there taunting me! Lol

The heads are middle generation Chapman Craftsmen truck heads. 10 bolt. 598 intake etc. if I do go this route I'd like to have someone hand port these heads to get best power from them.

These will be on a full drag effort build. No street miles.

I know with having someone notch the intake runners and proper offset of the rockers they will work. But is it going to worth switching from my w5's? What else do I need to know about switching these heads over?

Custom pistons are required, I was planning on doing that for the w5's so nbd. I know these heads oil through the pushrods. What lifters and pushrods would I run? Would I have to install copper tubes in the oil lifter galleys? Is that the easiest option when running a big roller like I have?

If anyone could walk me through the steps with this I'd really appreciate it. I'm not really familiar with the W 7/8/9 stuff.

Also I've attached a couple photos. One being of my heads. What rockers style does this head run and can I even get a set? They will be custom I'm sure with requiring so much offset or does someone have a used set sitting around?

I thought I was set on the w5's but I can't stop thinking about these w7's sitting in our shop lol.

Thanks for all your help and patience, Mark

image.jpegimage.jpeg