I'm trying to install an Ignitor kit in my Prestolite distributor for 1970 Challenger. I've taken the points and condenser out and tried to install this kit but I can't seem to get it installed. First the holes in the ignitor plate weren't machined exactly right to line up with the holes in the breaker plate. It said to install the ignitor plate where the middle of the 3 holes on one side will go where the condenser was screwed to the plate and the other hole would line up with where the points screw was and the ground strap attached. The holes were off just enough to prevent that from working as is so I widened the hole for the ground strap enough to let it fasten to the plate and not disturb where the ignitor plate needed to be with the two outer holes allowing it to line up with the small posts for the condenser locator. After that, I can't get the ring go down far enough on the cam to let the rotor go all the way down so the cap won't go on. Is there a secret to this?

It also says to wire the red wire to the ignition or 12V side of the ballast resistor. The resistor on mine has a blue wire to one post and a blue and brown wire to the other. Assembly manual lists them as ignition 1 and ignition 2. Should I get this to install which post does it go to?

1970 EK2 T/A 727