Originally Posted By mgoblue9798
Originally Posted By DaveRS23
I have a set of the Magnum templates but I don't have the instructions. They came with the wrong instructions when I got them. I don't want to get rid of them, but would lend them to you if that would help. If you come across some instructions, I would appreciate a copy.

Dave

Dave,

Last night while I was looking around I found an article on Mopar Muscle (I think) that had a pic of the different axes marked on the head. I will look for it again this evening. I would show how to place the different templates. If you are willing to lend those out, I can check around to see about having some cut to match out of mill stock aluminum if there is any interest among other folks.

You know, now that you mention it, I remember that article and I believe that is what I used to guide me with these templates. I sent the first set back that I got with the wrong instructions hoping that it was a one time mistake. But, of course it wasn't. I almost returned this second set until I found that article.

I am sure that mag is still here. Some where. But I doubt I could find it.

I am going to send the templates to RapidRobert. After he's done with them, if you want to copy them, let Robert know and he can send them to you. I would like to have them back, but I am not sure when or even if I will ever use them again. So, it's better if someone can get some use out of them.

P.S. I used these templates on a set of heads off a junk yard 360 that I threw some rings and rod bearings in. Along with a very mild Engle cam, 3,000 converter, 999 tranny and 3.91 gears. It smoked a little bit and rattled at start-up but ran low 8s in the 1/8. I always wished I had stepped the cam up a little bit so it would have ran high 7s.

Master, again and still