I didn't read the link, but whatever it says, has probably been said before and is probably a law on the books NOW. The problem is, the laws are different in every state and even the officers don't really even understand what the law IS, nor how to enforce it. Boils down to this. If an officer WANTS to give you a ticket, he WILL and there will be some type of look at some law, that will allow him to do so. Luckily, most of the time, they never give race rigs, lettered or not, a passing glance. Stickers on a car or trailer does NOT automatically mean anything, other than you have stickers. I see trucks and cars running around all the time on the street with various stickers. Does that mean they automatically race for money? of course not and if you don't TELL anybody what you do with your car, they sure aren't going to know.

Stories like mentioned above, we hear about now and then and are likely all true. But out of the thousands and thousands of race rigs that get hauled all over every year, the incidents are a very small percentage. I have never much worried about it myself and have never been pulled over. For one 5 year stretch, I hauled my stuff all over the nation with no tag on the trailer and never once even got noticed

But WEIGHT is most guys problem. A gross of over 10,000lbs requires a DOT number. A dually, with an enclosed trailer of any size, race car and other items, WILL be over 10,000lbs. Just depends on if they choose to enforce it and check your weight

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 12/09/15 04:00 AM.