Originally Posted By SSDAcuda
Originally Posted By Wailin D
I would add this friendly observation. I think the Barton's have christened themselves as a Mopar engine building shop. One just has to look at their web page: http://raybarton.com/ and look under "engines" and "customers" to substantiate it. I am not at all arguing that they aren't excellent engine builders for other brands, but I think it is safe to say that their specialty is Mopar. Personally, I believe they are the preeminent Mopar race engine shop in the country. There are none better with the II and III generation Hemis.

This picture kind of sums it up....

You'll see the 2nd generation "new" Barton in the foreground piloting the copo. Now look at the back quarter, talking to Larry Perkins. haha

Ray has Hemi in his blood. He has built more Hemis than most of us will see in a lifetime. Helped design blocks and engineer critical parts that push the horsepower levels of Super Stock Hemis to numbers that were competitive for a pro stock car not that long ago.... Ray has built the Image that Ray Barton Racing Engines is. And it was focused around mopar.

David's passion has turned to tuning and building of the late model fuel injected cars. His record in the factory shootout series and Stock and Super Stock speaks for itself. He does it all from the building to tuning to driving. If you see David at an NHRA race, he is usually running from trailer to trailer helping customers while racing himself.

That pretty much sums up where Ray Barton Racing Engines came from and where they're going.... I am just fortunate to be close enough to frequent the shop on a regular basis. On Saturday I was greeted with an original '68 Hemi Dart in a trailer for Rays assessment on a restoration build, and when entering the back of the shop the pictures you see here. Not too many shops have a spin-tron, first rate porting, cnc and dyno and full fabrication capabilities all under one roof.

Me personally, I love all the Gen 2 innovations, parts, history and everything else about the shop. Ray is about as sharp as it gets, and chances are if you have a problem with your mopar, he has seen it and fixed it at one point or another. BUT- I have to say all this new technology is wearing on me. Very Interesting! You have to appreciate the efforts the factories are putting out and the technology there! 1050hp from the factory as a stocker! eek Cant wait to see what numbers David, Ray and the crew get out of it after working there magic! Stay tuned!! wrench beer

Next time your at Rays Shop ask him if he knows Don MacCallum?
Matt