Originally Posted By Crizila
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
^^^^^Yep, I have rode bikes FAST, in states with no helmet law, used to ride bulls, been bungee jumping, jumped out of an airplane and water skied at 100 mph on a slalom ski..............so I guess you can put me in the "stupid sheeat" group...........LOL
Guess ya-all didn't get my point, so let me try to splane it in simpler terms. Riding bikes fast is pushing the safety envelope. Doing it in traffic without a helmet is - stupid ( helmet law or not ). Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt, but to glorify or feel too sorry for someone that knowingly takes unnecessary ( reads stupid ) risks and then ends up busted up in the hospital is - stupid. Hope this helps with the distinction I was trying to make. BTW, I really enjoy watching the Pro-Mod cars run at NHRA events. Some of the coolest racing going. Maybe if NHRA did a better job of promoting and paying them, less stupid shat would go on. beer
Your theory holds ZERO water, because what is unnecessary risk, or considered stupid, is not the same to all people. Drag racing in general, be it on a road or track is considered stupid to many. Indy cars with little to no roll bar. 200 mph drag boats. Running 400 mph on the slat flats, on rough salt, no barriers and no safety support equipment within potential miles of a crash site........Riding a bike with no helmet, riding bucking bulls, skydiving, bungee jumping, cliff diving............whatever "extreme" sport you can think of, many will consider you "stupid" for doing it.