Moparts

The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck

Posted By: pittsburghracer

The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 03:35 PM

Major bummer. I hope both drivers are ok.

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/destr...gh-speed-wreck/
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 03:50 PM

...and he got taken out by the other car to boot. Had to have been a wild, crappy ride. Hope they're ok....
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:05 PM

Bangshift will not load, different link?
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:10 PM

Yellow bullet has few pics..Both drivers are in hospital Justin was racing Chuckie in a red Fox body Mustang. ..
Posted By: feets

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:15 PM

Bangshift was loading slowly.

Attached picture image2-685x514.jpeg
Attached picture image-514x685.jpeg
Attached picture image3.jpeg

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By 10secGTX
Yellow bullet has few pics..Both drivers are in hospital Justin was racing Chuckie in a red Fox body Mustang. ..

Thanks, what a mess! That sucks.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:19 PM

Well, the old saying is, " You can't fix stupid". Those guys are taking a big chance every time they race. I know it is more controlled than they show on TV and they have police and EMT standing by. However, they have high HP cars with small tires and poor traction, with no track prep. They are going to crash. At least they do not have innocent bystanders in harms way. I think it give racing a bad name. Just my opinion. Hope they are OK but too much chance for me.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:35 PM

The Crow was a big tire car. Just along for the ride when someone else hits you. Sucks for both. A lot of time and money now gone. Too bad for Justin as the Crow was his first car.
Posted By: feets

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:44 PM

The Crow always struck me as a stupid name for a car.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:47 PM

Anything can be fixed. Hopefully they're OK. As was already said, and although I think it's amazing the way they are able to get those high HP cars down the road the way they do, it's dangerous as hell.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 04:57 PM

Chucky, the spitter?
Posted By: 383man

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By fastmark
Well, the old saying is, " You can't fix stupid". Those guys are taking a big chance every time they race. I know it is more controlled than they show on TV and they have police and EMT standing by. However, they have high HP cars with small tires and poor traction, with no track prep. They are going to crash. At least they do not have innocent bystanders in harms way. I think it give racing a bad name. Just my opinion. Hope they are OK but too much chance for me.

This is true and no matter how you put it street racing is stupid ! I very rarely watch it because I know its mostly all staged and I dont promote street racing. Race tracks are for cars with that kind of power to race at or for any cars to race at where its legal and as safe as you can make it. I pray both of them are ok. Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 05:29 PM

I have watched this show grow from something laughable to something I never miss. These cars FLY and they know how to make them hook. Even race tracks can throw curve balls at you and anything can happen. The next change in the show I would like to see is how they start the races. Big Chief awkwardly running and turning around quickly is an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure both guys have some aches and pains and will be up and running again soon. Its in their blood.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Chucky, the spitter?

No, he was racing Brian "Chucky" Davis from Detroit.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 05:31 PM

The debate over racing on the streets will go on. Many will take this and milk it for all they can but you hardly hear anything of all the new high powered cars of today that never see 1000 miles on them before they are crashed.

Anyone who bashes street racing id hope they have never had a high speed ticket or close call for running a red light,stop sign or even had just that one drink too many and made it home or it just makes them a hypocrite.

I do hope they are ok, but anyone who races anything should know the risks they take.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 05:39 PM

Its "street racing" but it isn't street racing. In the beginning they use to scrip in the show of the guys driving around checking out a place to race. They have dropped this and now just get it on in a safe, well-lit, out of the way concrete road.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 06:01 PM

That is a helluva mess! I do hope both drivers are ok.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 06:21 PM

I hate to see stuff torn up and people hurt...but, like I've always said, there's accidents and then there's asking for it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 07:20 PM

I'm sure that I have seen them racing at some airport at night work I do know someone that saw the first episode of them racing in CA up in the Antelope Aalley on crappy desert mix asphalt, they where way out in the booneys where there are no homes or traffic thumbs
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 07:51 PM

Just because we're dumbass's, don't mean you should be to lol
Posted By: fishy340

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 08:09 PM

2 adults both signed wavers and knew the risk.
Brian and Justin are physically sore but ok,so for all the arm chair experts...you did not get hurt or lose anything but getting a chance to see 2 bada$$ rides entertaining you.
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 10:32 PM

Where di this happen? Filming for an episode or just grudge racing?
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 10:50 PM

Happened during filming early this morning.
Last week during filming Derek scattered his engine all over the street.
Boosted GT broke a control arm bolt and crashed his car at the track, daddy Dave totaled the nova at a no prep race.
This year has not been kind to those guys.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/15/15 10:57 PM

"2 adults both signed wavers"

Attorneys wipe their asses with those. Everyone will sue everyone else.
Posted By: Michael Ecks

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By Porter67
Anyone who bashes street racing id hope they have never had a high speed ticket or close call for running a red light,stop sign or even had just that one drink too many and made it home or it just makes them a hypocrite.

I do hope they are ok, but anyone who races anything should know the risks they take.

Have to disagree. I've had a high speed ticket, and driven with one too many in my system, and I learned from those mistakes enough to tell other people don't risk it. Despite being a pretty conscientious driver, I've driven through red lights I didn't see and had close calls, and was thankful to live it through it and try to remind myself not to make the same mistakes. So I don't consider it hypocritical at all to say street racing is about as stupid as it comes.

Sure the racers might know the risks they are taking, but what about the driver who pulls out on the road because someone forgot to block it off? Or the pedestrian out for a late night walk that goes across a road and can't judge car distance when they go to cross because they are expecting cars to be driving 55 instead of 155? Or the spectators standing right by the road when a car looses control or grenades a part?

Yes, I know the TV show guys do their due diligence on safety and securing the area. But by not showing that part of the process and making it look unstaged, it is promoting stupidity among young naive viewers.

So yeah, no sympathy for these guys at all.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
"2 adults both signed wavers"

Attorneys wipe their asses with those. Everyone will sue everyone else.

As long as the courts uphold "waivers" (aka Implied Consent Forms) you will still have racing.

When the first judge caves in and denies the "waiver", motorsports, as a whole, are done. So are many other things.

Just because you get sued don't mean a thing. Unless you WIN.

I have never heard of an Implied Consent Form being denied by a court.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 01:43 AM

Good points, I was thinking about what I wrote while just out in the shop.

Its just one of many opinions I came up with and we all know what they say about opinions.

Really thinking more on it, dare I, its pretty messed up all the way around.

Maybe they should of never started the show in the first place with it promoting racing on "streets" but at the same time look at all the shows/movies that glorify many forms of lawlessness.

Pinks was cool, popular and pretty safe overall.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 01:43 AM

I watch the show because I like the cars and the characters and everything else on tv completely sucks. They've lost 2 or 3 cars now and I know a couple of them had over 100 grand in each of them, plus the 3 guys were hospitalized. I can't believe they have the balls to go 150+ MPH with curbs, trees, telephone poles, cars, and everything else along the road. They are definitely brave and I'm glad they're all alive.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:02 AM

Is it confirmed that the drivers are OK?

If so, great news!!!.

I can't get the show on the home tee vee, frown
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:10 AM

From Brian's FB:

Thank you to everyone for all of the texts, calls and messages to check up on me. I am little sore but nothing a few days rest won't heal. I am going to try to reply to the 100's of messages I've received. If I haven't responded yet don't think I didn't read the message. All the support is amazing. The car did it's job and kept me safe, thank you Team Z and Dave for building me a SAFE CAR. We are currently on the road heading back to Detroit. Time to re group and see what the next car will be. The entire 405 crew was very considerate and very supportive. Most importantly, I am glad that Chief and myself are going back home to our families. Love ya Chief, you are a bad ass and a STAND UP GUY. if there is anything I can do to help please let me know, amd thank you to Chiefs wife for checking on me in the middle of seeing how ur husband was doing, and to Kayla for checking on me and relaying the info to my girlfriend so she knew I was okay.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:16 AM

I can't find Chiefs quote right now, but he's Ok. A lot more banged up and still in the hospital, but Ok.

Dennis

Edit, I found it.

""THANK YOU EVERYONE.... I'm pretty beat up right now. Just woke me up for some breathing treatments. Pulmonary contusions (bruised lungs). Crushed my L2 and L3 in my back, broken collarbone, and pretty beat up, but so thankful to be alive right now. They got me on non stop oxygen and another round of cat scans, and X-rays coming up. The surgeon doesn't believe i will need back operation anymore, but they are going to keep me in the hospital again tonight to keep an eye on the lungs, YES I WILL BE BACK! The GOFUND ME CAMPAIGNS were not created by my people or family... I have no idea about them, please KEEP YOUR MONEY. I will update everyone as i get info from the Doctors! The CAGE and safety equipment saved my life!"

Posted By: dvw

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:17 AM

First and foremost hope everyone will heal up. Prayers to all. Second hate to see anyone wreck something that they've put time and money into. That being said, I cringe every time I see a race with curbs, no guard rails, or steel guard rails. You have to be nuts. You better be lucky. You better be rich. It was only a matter of time before this happened. It's only a matter of time before someone isn't going to walk away. I realize we all take a chance every time we strap into the car. I just like to up my odds.
Doug

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:21 AM

I'm blaming my love of drag racing on American Graffiti.
Posted By: moper

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 02:54 AM

I love the show, even if they do still use the Formula 1 sound bytes...
Glad they are both goign to be ok. Sounds like this season was rather rough on the 405 guys... But that's what happens when you push envelopes.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By fishy340
2 adults both signed wavers and knew the risk.
Brian and Justin are physically sore but ok,so for all the arm chair experts...you did not get hurt or lose anything but getting a chance to see 2 bada$$ rides entertaining you.

I suppose all of that is true, but I don't watch and I'm not entertained. In the past, many people have gone to great lengths to elevate the image of drag racing above the old public image of hoodlums and street racing. This makes as much sense as taking a couple of NASCAR Cup cars, loading them up with tanks full of hooch, and seeing if they can out run the cops each week on some goofy reality show.

Sorry, not my thing. I see no upside to this for the sport.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 03:26 AM

whistling
975,140 NHRA facebook followers
1,724,748 Street Outlaw facebook followers
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 04:13 AM

I watch the show, and are glad they are OK. I do think it's bad for the sport as well, but it's not up to me what they put on TV. I would rather they did the un-prepped track thing, but again, it's not up to me. I am just amazed they are able to get that HP down a city road, but unfortunately, I think every dufus that has a car they think is fast, does or wants to try this at home. Take it to the track IMO. Also, I would say the low dollar cars are 100K.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 04:37 AM

Davis Technologies....Just sayin...

Hope everyone heals up soon. Looks ugly but it is part of racing at the track or street.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:02 AM

From eyewitness accounts and guys I have talked to........"Chuckie left on Chief and appeared to be a bit ahead the whole way, but Chuckie knew the turbo car would be COMING hard. The car got loose about 500 or so feet and he had to check it. This let Chief get by and Chuckie then hit Chief in the drivers door. That spun the car and slammed it into the curb. When it hit the curb, it snap rolled a few times, got into a chain link fence and then went end over end several times............Bryan(Chuckie)Davis, claimed he never saw the GTO until he hit him. Both cars are junk...........total losses.

Brian is a good driver and long time wheel man of big power rides. He is no hack racer and would never risk his or another guys car just for a win light, but unfortunately, sometimes things happen

Chief is really beat up, as referenced in above post, but the car did it's job, BOTH cars actually did their jobs and these guys walked away. Chief is a BIG guy to be rolling a car like that, so it's a testament to the quality of his car, that all the safety gear and construction, kept him where he was supposed to be.
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:19 AM

Glad all are ok...

I usually don't comment on stuff like this, but seriously, regardless of individual thoughts about this mishap - we are talking about a TV show; planned, written, produced and engineered for ratings and to sell advertising.

Don't get me wrong it cool to see nice / fast cars and what goes into them but the whole crux of the show is BS. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether the viewing audience see it as "entertainment" is a different issue in itself. We ARE talking about TV....right?

As such, for me its BS like every other "reality" show on TV. Regardless of how "badass" the cars are. Its the same reason people out there think a well built car can be done in 2 weeks - like on reality shows. Idiots.

Doesn't portray the sport well either in the unconscious minds of John Citizen watching it either...how can it be good? Perception IS reality for many, what do you think they will be thinking ?

On TV = production = staged = bullsh!t. Unless its LIVE and unedited, its doctored.

At least to me.

Flame away.....

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:37 AM

^^^^^^Not sure what you are referring to. If you think some of the "drama" is staged and that "fishing stuff" with Farmtruck, you would be 100% correct........But the "racing" is 100% legit, with NO scripts and NO planned outcomes.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:44 AM

The price of TV fame! When you push the envelope, you sometimes pay. When you do stupid shat, you ALWAYS pay! Street racing is the stupid side of what we do.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:53 AM

The price of TV fame! When you push the envelope, you sometimes pay. When you do stupid shat, you ALWAYS pay! Fuel funny car is the stupid side of what we do.

....we could fill in the blanks for weeks.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 06:24 AM

^^^^^Yep, I have rode bikes FAST, in states with no helmet law, used to ride bulls, been bungee jumping, jumped out of an airplane and water skied at 100 mph on a slalom ski..............so I guess you can put me in the "stupid sheeat" group...........LOL

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By LAD 524

On TV = production = staged = bullsh!t. Unless its LIVE and unedited, its doctored.

At least to me.

Flame away.....

Yep all bs. I watched AJ win Pomona delayed last night, I'm sure it was all staged and creative editing. After all it can't be real, it wasn't live. biggrin
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By Airwoofer
Is it confirmed that the drivers are OK?

If so, great news!!!.

I can't get the show on the home tee vee, frown

Chief is in the hospital still I think. TMZ "Chief's in the hospital with an injured back, a dislocated shoulder and an injured lung .. and his L2 and L3 vertebrae are reportedly crushed"

If that's Ok I don't want any part of it. He won't be racing or working on cars any time soon.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 05:27 PM

Never watched it...Never will.

I had a street "racer" paint the side of my Dodge Ram towing the Dakota home from the track late one night, took my Ram out from bumper to bumper.

Street racing, ANY street racing is stupid, I don't care how you paint it.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 06:20 PM

"I have never heard of an Implied Consent Form being denied by a court."
Judges shred them every day - not because the concept is vague, but because the semi-literate attorneys can't construct anything more complex than a lunch order. Perhaps you're thinking of Traffic Court?

An Implied Consent Form (like you get from the vending machine in the DMV) is the wet Kleenex of waivers, the absolute weakest protection, since the actual risk does not appear as specific language, instead "the subscribed Party releases everyone from anything"; hence, the term "implied". An easy visual "tell": it's notarized as an affidavit ("subscribed & sworn") rather than the proper language.

"Just because you get sued don't mean a thing."
Actually, that part isn't shown on your favorite TV show. It's where the insurance company pisses blood when they see that the Implied Consent Form they were relying on is based on a model recently deprecated in an Appellate Court decision, and offers a settlement. See, you don't have to actually win a decision to get money?

Not sure? Perhaps you might try reading "The New York Law Journal" instead of Tiger Beat, that's the paper of record for the New York State First Judicial Department. I had it delivered to my office every morning - as Court staff I got it free, it's only $480. a year to students.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
^^^^^Yep, I have rode bikes FAST, in states with no helmet law, used to ride bulls, been bungee jumping, jumped out of an airplane and water skied at 100 mph on a slalom ski..............so I guess you can put me in the "stupid sheeat" group...........LOL
Guess ya-all didn't get my point, so let me try to splane it in simpler terms. Riding bikes fast is pushing the safety envelope. Doing it in traffic without a helmet is - stupid ( helmet law or not ). Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt, but to glorify or feel too sorry for someone that knowingly takes unnecessary ( reads stupid ) risks and then ends up busted up in the hospital is - stupid. Hope this helps with the distinction I was trying to make. BTW, I really enjoy watching the Pro-Mod cars run at NHRA events. Some of the coolest racing going. Maybe if NHRA did a better job of promoting and paying them, less stupid shat would go on. beer

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila
Guess ya-all didn't get my point, so let me try to splane it in simpler terms. Riding bikes fast is pushing the safety envelope. Doing it in traffic without a helmet is - stupid ( helmet law or not ). Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt, but to glorify or feel too sorry for someone that knowingly takes unnecessary ( reads stupid ) risks and then ends up busted up in the hospital is - stupid. Hope this helps with the distinction I was trying to make. BTW, I really enjoy watching the Pro-Mod cars run at NHRA events. Some of the coolest racing going. Maybe if NHRA did a better job of promoting and paying them, less stupid shat would go on. beer
Your theory holds ZERO water, because what is unnecessary risk, or considered stupid, is not the same to all people. Drag racing in general, be it on a road or track is considered stupid to many. Indy cars with little to no roll bar. 200 mph drag boats. Running 400 mph on the slat flats, on rough salt, no barriers and no safety support equipment within potential miles of a crash site........Riding a bike with no helmet, riding bucking bulls, skydiving, bungee jumping, cliff diving............whatever "extreme" sport you can think of, many will consider you "stupid" for doing it.
Posted By: ragin sonny

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 08:10 PM

STREET RACING IS ON THE RISE IN MY AREA... SINCE THEY CLOSED THE DRAGSTRIP. I WATCH THE SHOW. ALL RACERS ARE DAREDEVILS.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 08:16 PM

More people will die on their way home from work today than will die drag racing this year.
Maybe we should lock ourselves in the house and turn out the lights.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 08:45 PM

Doesn't matter if it's a hobby or walking down the sidewalk, there is a certain amount of accepted risk in everything we do, even if we don't recognize it.

IMO when you put innocent people at risk it becomes a different animal.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 08:53 PM

"I have never heard of an Implied Consent Form being denied by a court."
Judges shred them every day - not because the concept is vague, but because the semi-literate attorneys can't construct anything more complex than a lunch order. Perhaps you're thinking of Traffic Court?

An Implied Consent Form (like you get from the vending machine in the DMV) is the wet Kleenex of waivers, the absolute weakest protection, since the actual risk does not appear as specific language, instead "the subscribed Party releases everyone from anything"; hence, the term "implied". An easy visual "tell": it's notarized as an affidavit ("subscribed & sworn") rather than the proper language.

"Just because you get sued don't mean a thing."
Actually, that part isn't shown on your favorite TV show. It's where the insurance company pisses blood when they see that the Implied Consent Form they were relying on is based on a model recently deprecated in an Appellate Court decision, and offers a settlement. See, you don't have to actually win a decision to get money?

Not sure? Perhaps you might try reading "The New York Law Journal" instead of Tiger Beat, that's the paper of record for the New York State First Judicial Department. I had it delivered to my office every morning - as Court staff I got it free, it's only $480. a year to students.

OK hero.

If you know so much, why is it the insurance companies "piss blood"??

You and I both KNOW it's because they are into mitigating THEIR loses, not prove who is right or wrong.

I don't give a single %^$# what you read or get for free, or where you work or worked.

When Lori Johns got tangled up with Jim Van Cleve and threated to sue EVERYONE (which is how she got to TF...in part) the INSURANCE LAWYERS folded up and PAID to keep it out of the courts, for FEAR a rogue judge will do the dirty to them.

Then none of us would race.
Let me know when you get to the real world.

And don't PM me again.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 09:03 PM

Don't worry, lawyers will argue that even though both drivers signed "consent", they didn't expect to race where the conditions were "life threatening" because they road was not properly cleaned of dust (or whatever else they can come up with). Just look at 1000's of cases where "consent" forms didn't hold up.

Sucks that happened to them though. Glad to see they will survive.
Posted By: Digger73

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I'm blaming my love of drag racing on American Graffiti.

Aroura slot cars and Hot Wheels did it to me.

Digger73 (Mike)
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 10:11 PM

Lawyers are scum sucking leaches, and Judges all used to be lawyers.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 10:55 PM

When I initially saw the show for the first time it appeared to be really bogus. As time went on the show was gaining my respect and I watched it more often. I know it is taped, edited, etc. but after all it is just entertainment. A lot better then most of the BS reality stuff out there. Hopefully they will fully recover and maybe learn something from it all.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/16/15 11:54 PM

Your remarks illustrate lack of competence with the subject matter.
Perhaps you would enlighten us as to the exact nature of your own vast legal experience? Filing unemployment claims? Parking tickets?

Don't PM you, or what? Does some sinister fate await me? Or will you just bore us to death?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 12:09 AM

You've got it - "informed consent" is what's missing, some demonstration that what the drivers anticipated (and agreed not to claim against) was the only threat. The moment anything else appears contributory, the consent can be successfully attacked.

What killed the tobacco companies: even though it was known that smoking was dangerous 100 years ago (remember? called "coffin nails" in WW1?), it was discovered that the tobacco companies knew about and withheld even worse information.
This is the essence of fraud (and dealing in bad faith): the statements were known to be false, offered for the specific purpose of attracting new smokers, and the potential customers had no access to better information (called "substantial reliance").

It doesn't have to rise to the level of provable fact, only to the point where the defendant/respondent (insurance etc.) would rather pay than risk a big jury verdict.
Posted By: ademon

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 12:27 AM

Isn't this what the show creators want ?? Crashes, accidents, fire, rollovers.. When they run promos for the series they show out of control cars for the most part.. Maybe the producers will pay them extra to repair the damage ? I don't know ... I catch the show from time to time but for me at least it's kind of comical, having the street closed and police and EMT on hand kind of make it a joke, just have everyone meet at a drag strip prep it and let them fly none of them are driving the cars to work or putting any real street miles on them anyway.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 01:11 AM

Your theory holds ZERO water, because what is unnecessary risk, or considered stupid, is not the same to all people. Drag racing in general, be it on a road or track is considered stupid to many. Indy cars with little to no roll bar. 200 mph drag boats. Running 400 mph on the slat flats, on rough salt, no barriers and no safety support equipment within potential miles of a crash site........Riding a bike with no helmet, riding bucking bulls, skydiving, bungee jumping, cliff diving............whatever "extreme" sport you can think of, many will consider you "stupid" for doing it.
Well, the topic is drag racing,(on the street or on the track ) and in that context, which one would be safer to accomplish the same thing, which is beat the other guy? If that exact same race were to have occurred at a track with several lanes separating the cars verses no lanes, the outcome would most likely have been much better. STUPID! As you said, others my define it differently, but, IMO, taking unnecessary risks ( to accomplish the same thing )is - STUPID. Did I mention the short life expectancy of stupid people and their acquired high level of tolerance for pain - - - - - . wave
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 01:42 AM

Pretty sure the Lori Johns case was thrown out of court, not settled.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By ademon
Isn't this what the show creators want ?? Crashes, accidents, fire, rollovers.. When they run promos for the series they show out of control cars for the most part.. Maybe the producers will pay them extra to repair the damage ? I don't know ... I catch the show from time to time but for me at least it's kind of comical, having the street closed and police and EMT on hand kind of make it a joke, just have everyone meet at a drag strip prep it and let them fly none of them are driving the cars to work or putting any real street miles on them anyway.
Forget what the TV series was called, ( the arm drop thing where 3 people guessed the ET's), but they done that already. Not enough accidents for it to last I guess. shruggy

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 02:35 AM

....and how many times have we had to watch blow overs and Herbert's massive engine explosion at the finals years ago on ads for NHRA. It's all about the thrill buddy!
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 02:56 AM

Hey, I know what to do! They could build two rubber tunnels that the cars could run down. The tunnels could be painted so that if something goes wrong, no one will have to see it happen! We could have a light at the end to see who wins! Oh wait... They would both have to win, otherwise the loser (oops!) I mean the guy that doesn't finish first, would feel bad. That would make everyone else feel bad to.
Now there's something people would watch!
Posted By: D-50

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 03:02 AM

Well, the topic is drag racing,(on the street or on the track ) and in that context, which one would be safer to accomplish the same thing, which is beat the other guy? If that exact same race were to have occurred at a track with several lanes separating the cars verses no lanes, the outcome would most likely have been much better. STUPID! As you said, others my define it differently, but, IMO, taking unnecessary risks ( to accomplish the same thing )is - STUPID. Did I mention the short life expectancy of stupid people and their acquired high level of tolerance for pain - - - - - . wave

Where are these tracks with several lanes separating the lanes. I have raced at least 10 tracks in 2 states and NONE of them were wider than a 2 lane road with the guard rail at the edge of the track.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 03:21 AM

I hate bad news as much as the next guy, but in terms of "where is the culture going" wrecks are no worse than MMA (how many re-tweets of Holm's head kick to RR have you seen? It's in the millions) and "bench clearing fights" among $1 million per game athletes.
If I were to intervene to control violence, it would be against intentional infliction of harm first.

As long as no one but the participants are at risk (so far, this is accurate), and they understand what can happen, I'd let it go.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 04:12 AM

One of my favorite shows. What is not to like? Fast cars with gear heads. Some people should watch Dancing with the Stars it comes on at the same time.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 05:09 AM

Another great show tonight with lots of racing. I would LOVE to know how much this show brings in advertising dollars per show. I know one thing for sure, its a lot and this show is going nowhere but up.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
One of my favorite shows. What is not to like? Fast cars with gear heads. Some people should watch Dancing with the Stars it comes on at the same time.

It's all Chevys and Fords, who wants to watch the "enemy". Now if they wrecked every week I might watch, then it would be like the circus with flaming cars flying through the air, Mad Max sci-fi of the future! I hate singing and dancing shows too.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By cudaman

It's all Chevys and Fords, who wants to watch the "enemy". Now if they wrecked every week I might watch, then it would be like the circus with flaming cars flying through the air, Mad Max sci-fi of the future! I hate singing and dancing shows too.

If that was the reason not to watch racing I would not be watching any in my area. In the last 10 years I have saw maybe 3 Mopars at any of the 7 tracks I race at. 99% of of the time I am the only mopar at the track. If I am not racing there are none.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 05:27 AM

If that was the reason not to watch racing I would not be watching any in my area. In the last 10 years I have saw maybe 3 Mopars at any of the 7 tracks I race at. 99% of of the time I am the only mopar at the track. If I am not racing there are none.

You would LOVE all the mopars at Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 05:36 AM

Well that is 3-8-24 country I guess. Got some folks in SC and I said I got a race car, they wanted to know what my number was... Sounds like it's real lonely racing down there.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 07:17 AM

I hate bad news as much as the next guy, but in terms of "where is the culture going" wrecks are no worse than MMA (how many re-tweets of Holm's head kick to RR have you seen? It's in the millions) and "bench clearing fights" among $1 million per game athletes.
If I were to intervene to control violence, it would be against intentional infliction of harm first.

As long as no one but the participants are at risk (so far, this is accurate), and they understand what can happen, I'd let it go.
- because it attaches that "wreck" mentality to the sport / hobby we love and does nothing but drag it down in the eyes of the public. The exact opposite of what NHRA was trying to do originally. We all have a choice in regards to where the culture is going - and our sport / hobby. "Street Outlaws"; what a perfect venue for our kids in the junior dragster program to follow. Real roll models. realcrazy I respect others opinions, but supporting venues like Street Outlaws is not what we should be doing - IMO.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 07:49 AM

Myself I understand what "Crizila" is saying I think and I agree with him. In my eyes his point is that street racing is illegal and racing at the track is not and its safer racing at the track. Yea sure any racing can be dangerous but so can flying in a plane or just driving down the highway. Botton line to me is street racing is illegal and stupid because we have race tracks to race where it is legal and not as dangerous to the public. Any time us drag racers street race it makes the public hate us more as they feel we are doing something illegal and being stupid. If we race at the track we are atleast doing it where its legal and not as stupid looking to the average person.
And if a bystander gets hurt during a crash at an illegal street race I guess its like someone getting shot in a drive by shooting as someone got hurt who was not supposed too but just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if that race had been at the race track where its legal and that bystander may have atleast been behind a gaurdrail they may not have been hurt.

Sure its all alot of "if's" like much of life is but if we do most things in life by the percentages and do them right the drag racing at the track helps keep it much safer. Myself I rarely watch any of these stupid reality shows anyway but IMO no matter how you put it street racing is stupid. Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 10:46 AM

The only difference where the cars race on the show vs at the track, is the lack of guardrails. They tech the cars, there is safety equipment and EMTs on site, is better lit than many outlaw tracks I have been to, plenty of stopping room and actually the surface is better than some outlaw tracks we go to. I was just there for Cash Days and after all the racing and the "pimp juice" burnouts, the surface would pull your shoes off when you tried to walk on it.I myself, would have felt MORE comfortable making a pass there, than some tracks I have raced on, because it was WELL lit, plenty long and plenty wide. Where we were, there was a golf course on one side and open pasture on the other side. The local police are on site and block any and all access to the area. You do NOT get on site, without your name on the "approved" list. We were there for 12 hours.

It takes a real idiot, to not understand this is done in a controlled environment. Where in the world do you go and actually street race for hours and hours, with lighting better than many race tracks and all those trucks and trailers parked on the road. It even says in the opening that the racing is done in a controlled environment. I know how they portray it, but anyone other than a casual watcher, knows the deal.

As far as it being BAD for the sport......there are literally dozens and dozens of track operators who will argue with you about that. When they "book" a couple of the Street Outlaws guys for a match race, they generally set attendance records by a TON and the attendance stays up for a while according to the ones I have spoken with, especially the tracks that are smart enough to capitalize on the idea and start their own "list" deals, or something similar. Local, hole in the wall track to me, put out an open call out for a "list" race, with the top cars getting a chance to go to Louisiana and run the guys on the "new" show that is filming now. 100 cars and thousands of fans packed the place. So many people in fact, that they had to call the owner of the nearby dirt track, to use his parking, track and pit area, just to park all the spectators, because RACERS took up the whole drag strip facility. The PDRA, where the baddest door slammers on the planet race, had their two largest attended races this year, at events where they invited some of the Street Outlaws guys to come. People who had never been to a drag strip in their life, stood in line for hours to buy shirts and get autographs from Chief and Shaun at a radial race in Memphis last year. Know what they got to see while they were there for THAT?............some of the baddest radial tire cars in the country. I bet some will go back to the track again. Another track operator I talked to.....was going to shut down a couple years ago. Said he was going broke. He booked two of those guys. Biggest crowd he had ever had by far. Now he books a couple of them 3 times a season and that money, along with some renewed interest in the track, after they started coming, says he is making more a year than he EVER has...........Doubt he will say it's bad, nor will any of the other operators

As for myself, I have not had anyone call and buy a nitrous kit because they saw my T-shirt and stickers on the show.....BUT, this year alone I have sold over 200 shirts and send out countless stickers to people who saw them on the show and called or emailed me, because they wanted a shirt, hat or stickers, because they same them on the show. The majority of those people didn't even have a race car, or even a hot street car

So you can hate on it all you want, but the attention it brings is undeniable. You will also remember that the NHRA rattled their saber REALLY hard, threatening racers, going to ban them and pull licenses...........and then what happened? They shut the hell up and even showed up at the California taping, teched and stickered all the cars, as well as helped all those guys get their NHRA licenses.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61

At least to me.

Flame away.....

Yep all bs. I watched AJ win Pomona delayed last night, I'm sure it was all staged and creative editing. After all it can't be real, it wasn't live. biggrin

Dude, c'mon - AJ takin it out it ain't "reality" TV - this stuff IS. wink

Are you being argumentative or just comparing apples to bananas wink

Sheesh.....

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 11:00 AM

[/quote] - because it attaches that "wreck" mentality to the sport / hobby we love and does nothing but drag it down in the eyes of the public. The exact opposite of what NHRA was trying to do originally. We all have a choice in regards to where the culture is going - and our sport / hobby. "Street Outlaws"; what a perfect venue for our kids in the junior dragster program to follow. Real roll models. realcrazy I respect others opinions, but supporting venues like Street Outlaws is not what we should be doing - IMO. [/quote]

^ what Crizila said fellas....do we want to give "the man" more ammo than they already believe they have?

My 2c
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 01:56 PM

The only difference where the cars race on the show vs at the track, is the lack of guardrails. They tech the cars, there is safety equipment and EMTs on site, is better lit than many outlaw tracks I have been to, plenty of stopping room and actually the surface is better than some outlaw tracks we go to. I was just there for Cash Days and after all the racing and the "pimp juice" burnouts, the surface would pull your shoes off when you tried to walk on it.I myself, would have felt MORE comfortable making a pass there, than some tracks I have raced on, because it was WELL lit, plenty long and plenty wide. Where we were, there was a golf course on one side and open pasture on the other side. The local police are on site and block any and all access to the area. You do NOT get on site, without your name on the "approved" list. We were there for 12 hours.

It takes a real idiot, to not understand this is done in a controlled environment. Where in the world do you go and actually street race for hours and hours, with lighting better than many race tracks and all those trucks and trailers parked on the road. It even says in the opening that the racing is done in a controlled environment. I know how they portray it, but anyone other than a casual watcher, knows the deal.

As far as it being BAD for the sport......there are literally dozens and dozens of track operators who will argue with you about that. When they "book" a couple of the Street Outlaws guys for a match race, they generally set attendance records by a TON and the attendance stays up for a while according to the ones I have spoken with, especially the tracks that are smart enough to capitalize on the idea and start their own "list" deals, or something similar. Local, hole in the wall track to me, put out an open call out for a "list" race, with the top cars getting a chance to go to Louisiana and run the guys on the "new" show that is filming now. 100 cars and thousands of fans packed the place. So many people in fact, that they had to call the owner of the nearby dirt track, to use his parking, track and pit area, just to park all the spectators, because RACERS took up the whole drag strip facility. The PDRA, where the baddest door slammers on the planet race, had their two largest attended races this year, at events where they invited some of the Street Outlaws guys to come. People who had never been to a drag strip in their life, stood in line for hours to buy shirts and get autographs from Chief and Shaun at a radial race in Memphis last year. Know what they got to see while they were there for THAT?............some of the baddest radial tire cars in the country. I bet some will go back to the track again. Another track operator I talked to.....was going to shut down a couple years ago. Said he was going broke. He booked two of those guys. Biggest crowd he had ever had by far. Now he books a couple of them 3 times a season and that money, along with some renewed interest in the track, after they started coming, says he is making more a year than he EVER has...........Doubt he will say it's bad, nor will any of the other operators

As for myself, I have not had anyone call and buy a nitrous kit because they saw my T-shirt and stickers on the show.....BUT, this year alone I have sold over 200 shirts and send out countless stickers to people who saw them on the show and called or emailed me, because they wanted a shirt, hat or stickers, because they same them on the show. The majority of those people didn't even have a race car, or even a hot street car

So you can hate on it all you want, but the attention it brings is undeniable. You will also remember that the NHRA rattled their saber REALLY hard, threatening racers, going to ban them and pull licenses...........and then what happened? They shut the hell up and even showed up at the California taping, teched and stickered all the cars, as well as helped all those guys get their NHRA licenses.

iagree

Some of the old tracks that used to be around Atlanta left a lot to be desired. The younger guys probably don't know or remember the Yellow River Dragstrip accident with Huston Platt or Southeastern Dragway involving Richard Petty. Those are just the local ones I remember. I'm sure there were many more across the nation before spectator safety became more important. And it's not just drag racing. Dirt/asphalt and stock car had it's share.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 02:09 PM

Guys listen up. Drag racing is and probably always will be a "bad word" to Joe Public. I can also tell many of you guys don't get around much to car shows or local races. Farm truck and his buddy attended the World Of Wheels custom car show last Winter and I stood in a line of people 4-5 wide and a block and a half long. We had a blast talking to people we never met hooting and hollering talking about a subject we all loved, CARS. Our local track Pittsburgh Raceway Park now has "street Car" only racing once or twice a month and the place is packed. Its also helped bring some of these cars in for our weekly test n tune days. Cars that were never seen before are making there way to the track. grudge races can be arranged. Andrea (I think that's how you spell his name) made at least two of these races signing autographs and the kids couldn't be happier with their day at the track. Quaker City in Ohio now has their Dad's Racing Series supported all by spounsers covering the payouts. People that had zero interest in racing are now supporting the sport and providing payouts to the racers. This is a all heads-up series from street cars to outlaw. Get your heads out of the sand and look around for the positive this show is bringing to our sport and unless your local track or area is not stepping up to the plate and joining the FUN they missed the boat. Legal street racing on the track. Dam I wish they had this when I was younger.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 02:12 PM

You will also remember that the NHRA rattled their saber REALLY hard, threatening racers, going to ban them and pull licenses...........and then what happened? They shut the hell up and even showed up at the California taping, teched and stickered all the cars, as well as helped all those guys get their NHRA licenses.

That is the first I heard that. Glad to see them realize where the grass roots support is going for racing.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 03:19 PM

Do these outlaw guys race 1/4 mile, or 1/8?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 03:21 PM

Guys listen up. Drag racing is and probably always will be a "bad word" to Joe Public. I can also tell many of you guys don't get around much to car shows or local races. Farm truck and his buddy attended the World Of Wheels custom car show last Winter and I stood in a line of people 4-5 wide and a block and a half long. We had a blast talking to people we never met hooting and hollering talking about a subject we all loved, CARS. Our local track Pittsburgh Raceway Park now has "street Car" only racing once or twice a month and the place is packed. Its also helped bring some of these cars in for our weekly test n tune days. Cars that were never seen before are making there way to the track. grudge races can be arranged. Andrea (I think that's how you spell his name) made at least two of these races signing autographs and the kids couldn't be happier with their day at the track. Quaker City in Ohio now has their Dad's Racing Series supported all by spounsers covering the payouts. People that had zero interest in racing are now supporting the sport and providing payouts to the racers. This is a all heads-up series from street cars to outlaw. Get your heads out of the sand and look around for the positive this show is bringing to our sport and unless your local track or area is not stepping up to the plate and joining the FUN they missed the boat. Legal street racing on the track. Dam I wish they had this when I was younger.

iagree Any of you guys that think this show is bad for the sport, yall absolutely need to get out more and/or get your head out of the sand. Everything Monte Smith said is spot on. The Street Outlaw guys get booked at a few tracks around here pretty often and they ALWAYS have HUGE crowds come out to see them.
Posted By: moparx

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Do these outlaw guys race 1/4 mile, or 1/8?

i believe it's only the 1/8[?].
beer
Posted By: 506RR

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 04:09 PM

As is often the case, Monte is spot on.

I have to remind myself when I read through these threads, that most of the guys making negative comments are "keyboard" racers, or have a car but aren't actively involved in racing.

Street Outlaws has helped gain more interest in Drag Racing than any other show in a long time.

Bracket racing is boring as hell, and draws no fans. It has a place, but if that's all there was you would see a lot more tracks closing.

My 2 cents

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 04:25 PM

my old track in SoDak (Thunder Valley) held I think 2 or three 10.5 races this year. Good crowds showed up and most of the complaining was about limited runs due to the "bracket cars" that were also running that day as they shared an event day. I'm betting the street tire race will be held independently next year. Steve Sherman started a "heads up" series and holds a few races a year at Barona down by San Diego. I'll be racing in my second one turkey day weekend. He knows what the cars run, and makes pairings. It's fun, the people are great so it makes the long trek very enjoyable. Side bets are welcome and encouraged, matter of fact, two big dogs have agreed to leave $2K at the line, and only one will walk away with $4K. Check it out on Facebook at "Match Race Madness". I could see this working at about any track.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 04:58 PM

Your comments: Paragraph 1. Look at the crash pics! You call that a controlled environment?? Car is sitting on a pile of rocks. paragraph 2. Again, look at the pics. If you are trying to sell the "it's just as safe as the track", your pissin up a rope there. Paragraph 3. You could be right - if it's all just about the $. "people who had never been to a drag strip in their life, stood in line to get an autograph of the Chief". Ever ask them why??? I would much rather get an autograph of this guy ( pic). Paragraph 4. " The majority of those people don't even have a race car or a hot street car". Wonderful! Just the kind of people this sport needs to attract. Guess it really is all about the money. Screw the image. Paragraph 5. "The attention it brings" is not a positive one for the sport - IMO. Be prepared to sell your t-shirts and stickers to people that are actually interested in the sport once someone dies on the program. It will happen, and the publicity from it will reach a new high - all negative. Get your "bailing bucket" ready!

Attached picture me and the Greek.jpg

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 06:49 PM

Maybe some of you remember that Hollywood (and TV)'s portrayal of hot rodders and bikers were dirty, broke, illiterate delinquents out to cut school and make trouble.

Now is better, yes?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 06:51 PM

The fact this happened on the street likely saved his life. The car was able to dissipate the crash energy by rolling.
If he was hit and it shot his car straight into the concrete wall at 140+mph, that would have been REAL BAD.
It's not the crash that kills you, it's the sudden stop that does.
Some people act like the crash never would have happened at the track.
When cars are going this fast, track prep really doesn't mean much at the 500+ ft mark.
What track preps the entire length of the track?
The shows popular because people can relate to the cars. It looks like a car they own, or did own, or want to own. You can still tell what the cars are, even with big tires and wings.
When was the last time you saw a pro stock car and thought, gee, that looks like what I drive??
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

When was the last time you saw a pro stock car and thought, gee, that looks like what I drive??

When I bought my new Dart I looked and looked, but there were no Allen Johnson option boxes to check. laugh2

Tina and Daddy Dave crashed on race tracks and the keyboard commandos still had their panties in a bunch.

Technically, Chief did not wreck street racing. He wrecked while filming a "reality" TV show on a closed set.

I am not really a fan of street racing, but it's going to happen one way or the other. You can't deny that these guys are great for the sport because they pack any track they go to, and they seem to make a lot of track appearances.

As for the public's perception of drag racers based on the show, even though the show gets huge ratings, it's still a really small percentage of the population watching. I wear Farmtruck and Barefoot Ronnie T-shirts all over and rarely meet anyone who even knows who either one is.

Funny thing, now that I am old, I really don't give a flying @@@@ about what the public thinks about me being a drag racer or bike rider. boogie

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 07:40 PM

Crizila...........yes, I saw the crash pics, not only that, have BEEN to the site where the crash happened. The rocks were a long way from where the crash happened(it was a drainage ditch) and 99% of the crash was over when the car came to rest there.

This is the first BAD crash they have had on the show and the first time a 405 guy has ever totaled a car and they have been racing on the street for over 10 years.

Sure, maybe YOU want the Greeks autograph, because you are an old school drag race guy and know who he is. Listen, I am as much of a race fan as anybody else, but I don't give two squirts about the NHRA show and have not watched it on TV in years. That's just not what I care to watch, but I do watch Street Outlaws, even though I know the outcome of every show already. WHY?..........because it is entertaining and I can more relate to those guys, their cars and their type racing. Apparently 3 million other people feel the same way every week. There likely hasn't been 3 million people watch NHRA on TV all year combined. NHRA racing on TV in no way shape or form, appeals to average "Joe Public", even though they have tried to add some drama and fluff pieces to generate interest with the general public, but we all know it hasn't worked and won't. You watch ONE NHRA race on TV, you have seen them all. Every show, every car looks the same, just the names change on the check at the end............You think Joe Average guy more relates to John Force, multi millionaire and his fleet of cars..........or Chief, who is just a good ol boy, who drives the car he had in high school and probably reminds "Joe Average" of a car he had or a guy he knew when he was younger.

The people I mentioned that don't even have a race car or a hot street car..............well isn't that exactly the people who NEED to be drawn in to get some interest renewed. Don't you need NEW people to get involved..........isn't that the goal? And do you draw new people with multi million dollar fuel cars, or cars they can at least relate to?

You say pissing up a rope on safety........whatever. I will take my chances on that road EVERY day vs a track that has steel K-rail as a guard rail. I will take curbing over a can opener anytime.

Several people have died at televised NHRA races.............so what does your statement on that have to do with anything

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 07:44 PM

What track preps the entire length of the track?

THe good ones

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 08:17 PM

Great turnout when boost12 came out to play. But this race is always full even without him.
It's small tire, no clocks
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 08:32 PM

LMAO at some of the reply's

Ray

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By 66 Belvedere
LMAO at some of the reply's

Ray

Yes you have a good point. grin And most of us are pretty hard headed as I know I am as is many that wont change their opinion like me and Monte. But I cant agree with you Monte mostly because to me this promotes street racing which I wont do. And no matter what you say or how you slice it this is still street racing which is illegal. Sure we have all street raced and done illegal things in our life but I guess I am just at a point in my life where I realize illegal things are not worth the trouble I can get in. I have atleast 2 guys who want to race me but they will not race me at the track and I will not street race. So does that make me a fool or make me smarter then them ??

Course I dont want to see any of them hurt and I pray for their full recovery. I am not the kind who cares about how much money something promotes or if tons of people like something I dont. I will stand behind my beliefs no matter who or many may not agree with me. But really I dont want to keep fighting with any of you about this as like was said some of this is funny to read. I love drag racing but I prefer to do it where it is legal and safer in my opinion. I know I am just a small little guy with not much money or a real fast car but it is the car I love no matter how fast it is I would still rather have it then an 8 second power adder car so that may make my opinion worth even less. cool Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 10:24 PM

NO, this NOT illegal street racing. This is a racing TV show, filmed on a closed location, with safety measures taken, 100% legal and with full cooperation of local law enforcement...........So point out the illegal part.

If you are referring to how the show is portrayed............it is no different than say Moonshiners. Nobody thinks those idiots are actually in the woods making Shine, which is also illegal. We also know that if they were, the actual footage from the TV show would have them all in jail the next day........same as the Street Outlaws guys.

THAT is the issue I have..........guys keep talking about what they are doing being illegal. NO....it's not........Now if you feel that it may encourage OTHER people to go out and DO illegal street racing, that's another issue and an opinion you are entitled to. But to say what they do on the show is illegal, is simply not true

While the 405 guys have REALLY street raced for years, one could argue that this show, actually took them OFF the streets as now they still get to race themselves and others on a weekly basis, albeit 100% legally. And even before the show, when they had their "Cash Days" races every year, they were generally in industrial complexes and were legally permitted events. How else you get off enough pairs of true, illegal street racing to pair a 16 car field down to winner with no interference from the law.

I did my fair share of street racing when I was younger, in some VERY remote places. We had scanners, lookouts and all the other requisite racing requirements. Even in the MOST remote locations, you were lucky to get off two pair before the call came on the radio, that police had been dispatched. Police are NOT stupid. They KNOW people race, they likely know where and when, plus the tire tracks immediately give away your NEW super secret spot and then they WATCH it.............When I was a younger guy, we had two officers in our local car club. They both told me the whole force, knew when and where we raced. It was an abandoned industrial park, so chances of hurting anyone but ourselves was very remote, so they put no priority on catching or stopping us. But still, 2 maybe 3 was all you were going to get off, before they rolled a dispatch.

We also used to hang out at the A&W in Huntsville. They(police) watched the place and if a pack of cars rolled out later in the night, they KNEW what was afoot.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 10:51 PM

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of OLD men. Weren't you guys ever young? I street raced many many years ago and if I was young would still be doing it again. I was very lucky and lived in the suburbs 35 miles NE of Pittsburgh PA. The cops and I'm talking several cops over the years thanked us for racing in a safe part of town away from the redlights and in an area where it ways a divided highway with no oncoming traffic and limited accesses to get on. Don't act like saints guys.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 11:13 PM

Some real interesting replies indeed! For the fellas that condone street racing... Have you ever goosed your car to pass another? Open it up a bit going by another car? Burn the tires taking off? All illegal activities. Shame on you guys!! tsk coffee For lords sake!! It is just a t.v. show. And John....I looked at your title and you really are a Saint!! whistling

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Some real interesting replies indeed! For the fellas that condone street racing... Have you ever goosed your car to pass another? Open it up a bit going by another car? Burn the tires taking off? All illegal activities. Shame on you guys!! tsk coffee For lords sake!! It is just a t.v. show. And John....I looked at your title and you really are a Saint!! whistling

DOG-POOP!!!!!!!!!!!! I've gone all these years without a title.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 11:31 PM

The show is about a group of street racers in OKC. They have been doing it this way for a long time. The only difference is it is being filmed legally with permits and emergency people if needed. The races are not staged.

Ray
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/17/15 11:51 PM

Want dangerous? Come join me in some Mojave rattlesnake catch and release.......... whistling

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Want dangerous? Come join me in some Mojave rattlesnake catch and release.......... whistling

aaahhhh NO THANKS.
Posted By: Digger73

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:12 AM

The people I mentioned that don't even have a race car or a hot street car..............well isn't that exactly the people who NEED to be drawn in to get some interest renewed. Don't you need NEW people to get involved..........isn't that the goal? And do you draw new people with multi million dollar fuel cars, or cars they can at least relate to?

Getting new people into drag racing is what has to happen for the survival of the hobby we all love.
It seems to me that there is another thread (the new licensing rules) going that shows the NHRA is finally realizing this also.
Is the show fake? I don't know. Is it going to make me race on the street? No. Just because others do things that are in the grey area of the law doesn't mean everyone will.
Here in Oregon I can now get stoned out of my mind and it is ok in the eyes of the law here. The Feds on the other hand say it is still a bad thing. Sort of the same thing.

Digger73 (Mike)

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:30 AM

NO, this NOT illegal street racing. This is a racing TV show, filmed on a closed location, with safety measures taken, 100% legal and with full cooperation of local law enforcement...........So point out the illegal part.

If you are referring to how the show is portrayed............it is no different than say Moonshiners. Nobody thinks those idiots are actually in the woods making Shine, which is also illegal. We also know that if they were, the actual footage from the TV show would have them all in jail the next day........same as the Street Outlaws guys.

THAT is the issue I have..........guys keep talking about what they are doing being illegal. NO....it's not........Now if you feel that it may encourage OTHER people to go out and DO illegal street racing, that's another issue and an opinion you are entitled to. But to say what they do on the show is illegal, is simply not true

While the 405 guys have REALLY street raced for years, one could argue that this show, actually took them OFF the streets as now they still get to race themselves and others on a weekly basis, albeit 100% legally. And even before the show, when they had their "Cash Days" races every year, they were generally in industrial complexes and were legally permitted events. How else you get off enough pairs of true, illegal street racing to pair a 16 car field down to winner with no interference from the law.

I did my fair share of street racing when I was younger, in some VERY remote places. We had scanners, lookouts and all the other requisite racing requirements. Even in the MOST remote locations, you were lucky to get off two pair before the call came on the radio, that police had been dispatched. Police are NOT stupid. They KNOW people race, they likely know where and when, plus the tire tracks immediately give away your NEW super secret spot and then they WATCH it.............When I was a younger guy, we had two officers in our local car club. They both told me the whole force, knew when and where we raced. It was an abandoned industrial park, so chances of hurting anyone but ourselves was very remote, so they put no priority on catching or stopping us. But still, 2 maybe 3 was all you were going to get off, before they rolled a dispatch.

We also used to hang out at the A&W in Huntsville. They(police) watched the place and if a pack of cars rolled out later in the night, they KNEW what was afoot.

Actually it is illegal street racing but its made legal because its done on a controlled set. If they can do all that why dont they just do all the shows racing on a track ?? I guess we all know the answer to that. Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:33 AM

All you goody to shoe "drag racers" need to dismount from that high horse a little. Luckily its still a free country, for the most part. I hope cops leave us alone and continue to go after REAL criminals....
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:35 AM

Like the show like the cars as they are builds I will never be able to build own or drive, yes its TV. Just thought I would say I hope they come back. As a person with a permanently injured back I cant work or drive cars any more. I feel for Chief as he will be faced with some serious pain and rehab. He's young and a strong guy and he should be back. Im glad there are people like Monte who speak up for these guys as this site is so one sided because they don't drive Mopars. I thought this forum was about performance and racing not Bashing. I like reading here as the experience and knowledge is so vast. But the bickering and bashing of these guys and the show is just a waist of time. Funny thing is I doubt any of them even read this stuff, so all the chest pounding is waisted. I now cant wait to see how Daddy Daves Nova does.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:41 AM

why does anybody buy headers or gears or anything and you drive on the street why. why don't you drive a prius. have you ever watched an ad for a hell cat or a challenger. why aren't you pissed at that. look at this video this was at mir sunday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Udm5cZCOyQ4

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:46 AM

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of OLD men. Weren't you guys ever young? I street raced many many years ago and if I was young would still be doing it again. I was very lucky and lived in the suburbs 35 miles NE of Pittsburgh PA. The cops and I'm talking several cops over the years thanked us for racing in a safe part of town away from the redlights and in an area where it ways a divided highway with no oncoming traffic and limited accesses to get on. Don't act like saints guys.

Well I am not as young as I used to be so I may be an old man. grin I did say I have street raced years ago when I was younger and dumber so I am not rying to be a Saint as that I am not. I would not street race now as I know its not worth the trouble I would get in if I got caught as I dont need my car impounded or a ticket that cost hundreds of dollars. I also would not want to hurt anyone street racing. Many years ago I had a kid run out in front of my truck and he was a young kid that was smaller then the front of my 68 Ford F-150 pick-up was as I guess he was about 4 or 5 years old. It was raining and he had been in the middle of the road with his dad standing on the centerline and just as I went by the kid ran into my truck. I was doing about 30 mph and he hit the grille and slid off the road under a car. I did not turn the wheel as I did not want to run him over so I just locked the brakes. He was bleeding out his ear and had a concusion but he was ok and only spent 2 days in a hospital. But my point is that it scared the living hell out of me and I always think.......what if I had been street racing and that happened to me and him. I would not want to live with the fact I could have hurt him street racing so thats just another reason I wont street race and I dont need the trouble it would bring if I got caught.

But yes I did some street racing years ago when I was younger so I am no saint. I am older and maybe not as dumb but smart enough to know I dont need street racing as I think its stupid now even though I did some years ago.

But this is just a goffy reality show we are talking about that has got to many all fired up. shruggy Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By plycuda
why does anybody buy headers or gears or anything and you drive on the street why. why don't you drive a prius. have you ever watched an ad for a hell cat or a challenger. why aren't you pissed at that. look at this video this was at mir sunday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Udm5cZCOyQ4

Why ?? Because I drive it to the track and race where we should thats why. Ron
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 01:33 AM

Well I have to go now. I just realized that I DVRed last nights new episode so I am going to go watch it now.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By 383man

Actually it is illegal street racing but its made legal because its done on a controlled set. If they can do all that why dont they just do all the shows racing on a track ?? I guess we all know the answer to that. Ron
C'mon Ron, that doesn't even make sense. It's legal or it's not.

I guess that makes the Silver State Challenge illegal as well. I mean that's a Road RACE on a state highway.....No wait, they have a permit and it's a sanctioned event every year. What about Pike's Peak......guess that's illegal too...........What was the question again?

Wonder what's MORE dangerous. Drag Racing for an 1/8 mile on a wide, public concrete road. Racing over 200mph cars on a curvy state highway, or racing up a mountain, where if you get off the surface too far, you are OFF the side of a MOUNTAIN.............hmmmm.

Where's the outrage and opinions about these other apparently "illegal" races on public roads

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 02:00 AM

http://www.pvgp.org/

Thunder in the Burg.

http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97802

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 02:51 AM

I like to think being old makes us a little smarter. Sure, most of us street raced to some extent when we were younger. Learned real fast that without a time slip it didn't prove anything. And yes, it was dangerous. The guy with the biggest mouth usually won. Started going to the track to race ( 1963 - long before most participating in this thread were a dream ). I now had proof how fast my car was - and they just had - a big mouth. Remember, we didn't get to be old by doing a bunch of stupid, illegal shat - and it aint the first time we have seen this type of stuff. You wanna teach your kids / grand kids how to do illegal shat and live a short life, party down.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 02:55 AM

Crizila...........yes, I saw the crash pics, not only that, have BEEN to the site where the crash happened. The rocks were a long way from where the crash happened(it was a drainage ditch) and 99% of the crash was over when the car came to rest there.

This is the first BAD crash they have had on the show and the first time a 405 guy has ever totaled a car and they have been racing on the street for over 10 years.

Sure, maybe YOU want the Greeks autograph, because you are an old school drag race guy and know who he is. Listen, I am as much of a race fan as anybody else, but I don't give two squirts about the NHRA show and have not watched it on TV in years. That's just not what I care to watch, but I do watch Street Outlaws, even though I know the outcome of every show already. WHY?..........because it is entertaining and I can more relate to those guys, their cars and their type racing. Apparently 3 million other people feel the same way every week. There likely hasn't been 3 million people watch NHRA on TV all year combined. NHRA racing on TV in no way shape or form, appeals to average "Joe Public", even though they have tried to add some drama and fluff pieces to generate interest with the general public, but we all know it hasn't worked and won't. You watch ONE NHRA race on TV, you have seen them all. Every show, every car looks the same, just the names change on the check at the end............You think Joe Average guy more relates to John Force, multi millionaire and his fleet of cars..........or Chief, who is just a good ol boy, who drives the car he had in high school and probably reminds "Joe Average" of a car he had or a guy he knew when he was younger.

You say pissing up a rope on safety........whatever. I will take my chances on that road EVERY day vs a track that has steel K-rail as a guard rail. I will take curbing over a can opener anytime.

Several people have died at televised NHRA races.............so what does your statement on that have to do with anything
Wise up Monte. Nothin personal, but you siding with a bunch of losers.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By FastmOp

Great turnout when boost12 came out to play. But this race is always full even without him.
It's small tire, no clocks
If that was two weeks ago, the wife and I were there. Cool track and cool event.

Dennis

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:00 AM

From what I have read on here I think you are in the minority on this topic Crizila..

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:01 AM

I may be outta line here but the dude was doing what he legally gets paid (good money) to do and gets in a wreck. Totals his cool HS car. F's up his back.

And this is the best Moparts has?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:16 AM

Nothin personal to you either.......but I'll take the losers

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:19 AM

[quote=Monte_Smith]NO, this NOT illegal street racing. This is a racing TV show, filmed on a closed location, with safety measures taken, 100% legal and with full cooperation of local law enforcement...........So point out the illegal part.

Monte on my last post I was kinda joking as to what you said here earlier how its a racing TV show on a filmed location and all. Not trying to get you mad about it as I was kind of trying to say....is it illegal street racing or is it legal since its a TV show on a controlled set as you stated ? No big deal as I was sorta joking as to whether to consider it legal since normally street racing is not. I am not trying to argue with you about it as we are both entitled our opinion no matter who may be right or wrong since I think we have pushed the issue enough about the show. Just looking to calm things down some. Ron

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:23 AM

From what I have read on here I think you are in the minority on this topic Crizila..

Yes but read between the lines. He street raced too but now that he is OLDER its a no no. We all grow up and I no longer street race either but I wouldn't trade the years of fun I had doing it, the Friends I meet, and growing up for anything. Its easy to look down on something after you are old and no longer do it.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:27 AM

"NO, this NOT illegal street racing. This is a racing TV show, filmed on a closed location, with safety measures taken, 100% legal and with full cooperation of local law enforcement...........So point out the illegal part".

Monte - I love your input on here as always but I have to respectfully disagree with this.

Although YOU may know its controlled and legal, the fact is that the target audience of this "reality" crap also include many impressionable kids/guys who for the most part, believe its REAL.

The reason 3 million people are watching the show is bc i. they believe it's "real" and ii. they believe its illegal (you say its not) and the threat of violence or getting caught by the cops is alluring. iii. they love wild rides and seeing them flogged on the street (in albeit controlled circumstances of which for the most part they are not aware about)

The show is engineered that way to entice viewers - in other words, clever marketing.

Whilst I agree that most pundits cant relate to JF and his fleet of mega dollar rides, what do you think Chief has invested in his "street" car ? wink Not exactly a budget ride built by an average good old boy regardless as to how its been marketed by the show.

As you know perception IS reality - what do you think these young people are taking out of this show? Thats its "badass" to race on the street, that they can get away with it, that they won't get pinched, that they can't get hurt, that its a huge "buzz" and that its street cred personified amongst their peers. They don't view it as being controlled or regulated bc that is NOT what they see,

Also as you state, the fact that it IS controlled as you say simply illustrates my point in my original post about how it is a TV production and therefore planned, scripted, produced, acted out etc. The cars may be real but the rest is just TV - a manufactured program to gain ratings and sell advertising. It is not real street racing although it is packaged that way. REAL street racing doesn't involve closed locations, safety measures or local cops coming along to applaud the racers.

Guess we can all agree/diasgree on what the show is really all about.

wink
Posted By: plycuda

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:28 AM

This has turned into a great site in the last couple years.But then I am one of the losers? I hope I don't turn into a winner when I get older
I'm going to watch hunting for Bigfoot because I saw him in my front yard last night. I know it's real

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:33 AM

Guy gets in a wreck, totals his car, and gets injured.
And all we care about is if the show is portraying and illegal activity.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 03:52 AM

Gee who would have seen this coming in a Street Outlaws thread smile I hear from someone in the know that most of the cast are doing quite well monetarily from this deal. They are TV Stars after all...
Posted By: formula_s

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 04:25 AM

[quote=

The reason 3 million people are watching the show is bc i. they believe it's "real" and ii. they believe its illegal (you say its not) and the threat of violence or getting caught by the cops is alluring. iii. they love wild rides and seeing them flogged on the street (in albeit controlled circumstances of which for the most part they are not aware about)

[/quote]

Nowhere close to 3 million viewers, the top rated 'reality' show is that Survivor in the Nude or whatever its called, that series gets 3 million viewers, none of the car shows is even in the Top 10 of viewers. My figures are from Muiti Channel News, a weekly trade publication.
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:04 AM

Gone in 60 seconds, Fast and Furious and now Street Outlaws... Oh the humanity. panic

Best wishes for a fast recovery to both parties. luck

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:12 AM

what do you think Chief has invested in his "street" car ? wink Not exactly a budget ride built by an average good old boy regardless as to how its been marketed by the show.

When have any of these guys referred to their cars as "street" cars?
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:13 AM

I have to side with "the losers" and Monte Smith on this, I LOVE! the show, never miss an episode and wish I were fast enough to race those guys. Like it or not but Monte is right, this has been great for the sport of drag racing and drag tracks around the country.

But now I have to come up with a name for my Dakota..... smile

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:23 AM

Nothin personal to you either.......but I'll take the losers

10-4 driver. beer
Posted By: theraif

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:26 AM

But now I have to come up with a name for my Dakota.....

dragkota

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:53 AM

Looks pretty legit to me. The drivers took the risks.

https://www.facebook.com/dgperformanceclick1/videos/888653567917325/

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 06:25 AM

aaahhhh NO THANKS.

Just trying to lighten things up a bit and I love the show now more than ever and love street racing just the same and I`ll leave it there.............
Posted By: cudadon

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 07:23 AM

Maybe what happened is karma!? In last nights show, In reference to Daddy Dave trying to get back on the list, chief says to kamakazi I believe "shove that million dollar car up his *%$"

Don

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By formula_s
[quote=

Nowhere close to 3 million viewers, the top rated 'reality' show is that Survivor in the Nude or whatever its called, that series gets 3 million viewers, none of the car shows is even in the Top 10 of viewers. My figures are from Muiti Channel News, a weekly trade publication. [/quote]Don't remember which week is was........but that particular week, Street Outlaws was the highest ranked show on cable TV
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 11:09 AM

if u guys think that there not really racing your nuts most of the other stuff is bs but that racing is real my friend came out in the show and there racing and most of those guys r real street racers just because theres no cops dont mean its not real and its dangreous but thats what we love to do

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 04:03 PM

what really sucks is that the two cars that may have been an epic showdown are now dead and gone....

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 04:12 PM

aaahhhh NO THANKS.

Just trying to lighten things up a bit and I love the show now more than ever and love street racing just the same and I`ll leave it there.............
wave
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By slammedR/T
I have to side with "the losers" and Monte Smith on this, I LOVE! the show, never miss an episode and wish I were fast enough to race those guys. Like it or not but Monte is right, this has been great for the sport of drag racing and drag tracks around the country.

Jack Stand.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 05:59 PM

aaahhhh NO THANKS.

wave

punkrocka

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 08:51 PM

You've got it - "informed consent" is what's missing, some demonstration that what the drivers anticipated (and agreed not to claim against) was the only threat. The moment anything else appears contributory, the consent can be successfully attacked.

What killed the tobacco companies: even though it was known that smoking was dangerous 100 years ago (remember? called "coffin nails" in WW1?), it was discovered that the tobacco companies knew about and withheld even worse information.
This is the essence of fraud (and dealing in bad faith): the statements were known to be false, offered for the specific purpose of attracting new smokers, and the potential customers had no access to better information (called "substantial reliance").

It doesn't have to rise to the level of provable fact, only to the point where the defendant/respondent (insurance etc.) would rather pay than risk a big jury verdict.

You are making my points EXACTLY and don't get it.

The LAST thing anyone would want is a retarded, biased jury looking into implied consent. That's why the insurance companies pay out so quick. Drag races, asscar, professional MX...all that, will go away very quickly the first time a jury, or a scungy judge, or worse yet, a criminal politician starts playing with the laws. It will be OVER.

Like I said...look into the Lori Johns deal. Better yet, just think about how close it all came to an end when the idiot Dale Earnhardt was killed (because he REFUSED to follow Bill Simpsons advice)...and asscar had to do some serious payola to keep playing the game. Take a look at the NFL. It was almost stopped (on several occasions, not just in the early 20th century) and they are scrambling to keep ahead of the crash. All they need is one or two more guys paralyzed, or get one of them killed and the NFL will be done. It's for real.

As for the PM, you know exactly what I mean when I say "REQUEST DENIED". So don't PM me again, as you are wasting your time.
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By Adobedude
Originally Posted By slammedR/T

Jack Stand.

ozbbq
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By formula_s
[quote=

Nowhere close to 3 million viewers, the top rated 'reality' show is that Survivor in the Nude or whatever its called, that series gets 3 million viewers, none of the car shows is even in the Top 10 of viewers. My figures are from Muiti Channel News, a weekly trade publication. [/quote]

Drag Illustrated just had a big story on these guys. Your wrong about the viewership. Here's what the article said.

1st season-1.5 million avg per episode
2nd season-almost 2 million per episode
3rd season-1st episode 2.5 million,middle episodes 2 million,last episode 2.8
4th season finale-more than 3 million
5th season-opening 2hr special helped Discovery channel to post its best month ever
http://www.dragillustrated-digital.com/d...&pg=78#pg78
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/18/15 11:43 PM

You had to bring up the shirts huh Monte?? smile Now I want one!!

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 12:27 AM

This post would make a good reality show, troubles is all we got are the Chummly's, Si's and Mikey's

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 12:38 AM

If I throw a sick, will you leave?
Posted By: crackedback

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 12:50 AM

If I throw a stick, will you leave?

FIFY

Will you chase it as well... smile

The two of should disappear to the "useless law review" board and be done. :P
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 01:37 AM

All I know is this show is entertainment to me because I am a gearhead and I like any kind of racing and people building mechanical things. Its refreshing to me to have a night where I can turn on the Bubetube and actually enjoy something that interests me. I am so sick of surfing through Duckwhistles,Moonshiners,Naked dates,Pawn Shops, Junk Pickers and last but not least useless turd Kardashians. Come on guys its our kind of entertainment for once and finally I have something to look forward to every Monday night. I just hope these guys end up okay health wise and can return to do what they love.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 03:36 AM

A couple of the Street Outlaws came to one of my local tracks a couple months ago and there were at least 3 times more spectators there than I have ever seen in my 30+ years of going to that track. I had trouble finding a place to park. It was not even the stars of the show, it was Dominator ( Blue Dart) and Derek (Silver Camaro).
Posted By: moper

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 04:28 AM

Monte - I need a new shirt from you:

"I'm a loser too!" XXL if you have it.

I'm sure most would not argue my wearing it...

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 11:20 AM

Whilst I agree that most pundits cant relate to JF and his fleet of mega dollar rides, what do you think Chief has invested in his "street" car ? wink Not exactly a budget ride built by an average good old boy regardless as to how its been marketed by the show.

How much money do some of the board members have invested in their hemi or 440+6 cars? I'd wager there are a number of board members that have more cash in their bone stock restored vehicles.

Its a TV show and I hope Chief and the other guy make a full recovery and sucks the car got trashed.

Silly as it is at times I'd rather watch Street Outlaws than anything NHRA puts on the TV.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By gdonovan
[quote=LAD 524]

How much money do some of the board members have invested in their hemi or 440+6 cars? I'd wager there are a number of board members that have more cash in their bone stock restored vehicles."

Dude, once again apples to bananas. Why do some here insist on making arguments that constitute zero logic ? wink

Are we comparing a numbers matching collector status, concours, investor / gold chainer Hemi / 440 6 cars for the Auction crowd to a 100-150K race car built by a "good old boy" as it was put?

Hardly a valid comparison.

My point was...for the average guy, the coin that was likely spent on the Crow is light years away (i.e.: a LOT of dinero) from what most guys could afford/build. And some here make out like 100+K is chump change ? Huh?

Lets get real and stay on course - they are two completely different things with different levels of investment and commitment required to own them.

How many guys here have bona fide, 100K+ 8-7 sec ride similar to the Crow ? Im betting not as many as those who have 9-10 sec cars under 50K.

Do you see my point ?

As for the NHRA....;)

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 02:30 PM

So $150,000 spent on something like the crow, vs $150,000 spent on a Hemi car restoration, is somehow different money???

Where is that logic?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 02:39 PM

Does it really matter how much money he had in his car? We all tend to build what we can afford. The most important thing is that both of them lived to see their families again. Many people leave for work and their families never see them alive again.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 03:52 PM

The difference is the Crow is a race car. You buy a Hemi car for 150K and build a race car for 150K. Sell them in 2 years see what you get for the race car compared to the Hemi car.

Ray

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 04:17 PM

You will have 100K in fun with a race car. A stock hemi turd is slow and boring. And if he would have sold the crow a day before crashing I bet he would have doubled his $$. That car was more famous then the Silver Bullet.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 04:46 PM

The difference is the Crow is a race car. You buy a Hemi car for 150K and build a race car for 150K. Sell them in 2 years see what you get for the race car compared to the Hemi car.

Ray

It's not 2006 anymore.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 04:58 PM

There are a few million people out there waiting for the real estate market to come back from 2008.

Neither car has an "inherent" value: it doesn't produce income, you can't live in it, wear it, or eat it - like works of art, it's only worth what someone wants to pay for it.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 05:04 PM

[/quote]

Silly as it is at times I'd rather watch Street Outlaws than anything NHRA puts on the TV.

[/quote]

Have to say I agree with this, the Crow will get ret reskinned, rebuilt and be making pass's in 120 days, there's just to much money in it for the network.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 05:47 PM

I doubt the chassis will be reskinned. When they take that hard of a tumble they are never the same. Might be OK for a slow bracket car, but not the power they are making. Why risk it? Time to build a Pro Mod style chassis, and make the car really light.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 06:06 PM

He should try and buy the dart formally know as........They need more mopar on that show

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 06:09 PM

My point is a Hemi car would be an investment. Racecars are entertainment. I don't own a restored show queen, as they are not fun to me.

Ray
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By hotairballoonpilot
He should try and buy the dart formally know as........They need more mopar on that show

He already came out on his facebook and said it will be a pontiac. I think it should be a 79 pontiac sunbird wagon!

If Daddy Dave's car is any indication, that 120 day turn around for them to have a new ride isn't far off. His new goliath is just getting out of paint.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 06:48 PM

So $150,000 spent on something like the crow, vs $150,000 spent on a Hemi car restoration, is somehow different money???

Where is that logic?

Exactly.

Either way your out $150,000
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 07:24 PM

FWIW
i for one absolutely love the show.
guys that will street race will street race period. i think everyone thats a car nut has driven too fast on public roads more than once and discipline has to be learned by everyone the same. when someone has that much money and time invested in their car, you dont need to remind them whats at stake. twocents drinking

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 07:28 PM

The car is JUNK and will NOT have just a new skin put on it.......and some of you guys kill me. It's not like Chief just woke up one day and said hey, I think I will build a 4sec, twin turbo, Pontiac powered race car. That was his FIRST car, had it since high school and as MANY others have done, the car morphed over time to what it ended up. Just a few years ago, it was ladder bar, homebuilt, 2x3 backhalf car, with a Pontiac nitrous motor in it. He sold the nitrous motor when he decided to build the turbo motor and also saved his pennies to have the chassis redone. Up until the car reappeared on the show, Chief hadn't raced on the "list" in about 5 years, because it took every penny he had to update the car.

The car will not be rebuilt quickly, without serious outside help, because Chief simply doesn't have that kind of dough. Remains to be seen if Pilgrim Studios may help........but doubtful. Sure, he will get boatloads of free or reduced price parts in an attempt to help him out, but somebody will still have to build the car and that takes time and money.

As with Daddy Dave's car, all the driveline, electronics, etc, will be stripped from the carcass, so it's not like he needs everything. He needs a chassis, with a body hung on it.....he pretty much has the rest

Also funny how people think these guys make so much money. What Pilgrim Studios pay them in actual money is a joke. Some of the regulars on the show make NOTHING, for busting their azzes...... some make $500 a week IF they race that week. Others make $1500 a week if they race and others are on "Contract". Only Farmtruck and Azn have a full time film crew. Those guys are being filmed ALL the time and all that BS they are up to for the show, is because that's their JOB. They probably get paid way more than anyone else.........

Now some of them are making money off the fame of the show, by way of track appearances and selling T-shirts, which is great for them, because Pilgrim ain't paying them squat. Most signed some kind of paperwork when the show first came on and nobody thought it would last more than a couple episodes. Here they are filming season 8 and those guys still have those same contracts they signed before.

And the filming schedule is brutal. You pretty much go, where they want you to go, when they want you there. There is little down time and they DO NOT understand what it takes to keep these cars running. On "Race Night", they want you on site by 5pm. They generally finally start racing around midnight and quit when the sun comes up. For the last Cash Days, we left the site at 5:30 AM Saturday morning and 5:00 AM Sunday morning. So back to back 12 hour days at the site, plus anything else you need to do...........Like THIS week, they will be racing TONIGHT. These guys have jobs. So they will work today, race all night and have to work tomorrow. The schedule is NOT fun
Posted By: Eric

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 07:37 PM

[quote] And the filming schedule is brutal. You pretty much go, where they want you to go, when they want you there. There is little down time and they DO NOT understand what it takes to keep these cars running. On "Race Night", they want you on site by 5pm. They generally finally start racing around midnight and quit when the sun comes up. For the last Cash Days, we left the site at 5:30 AM Saturday morning and 5:00 AM Sunday morning. So back to back 12 hour days at the site, plus anything else you need to do...........Like THIS week, they will be racing TONIGHT. These guys have jobs. So they will work today, race all night and have to work tomorrow. The schedule is NOT fun [quote]

Like the show and they seem like "likeable" folks. As far as what it's done to increase street racing I think though negligible it is regrettable. That said....Boo Hoo on the filming schedule Monte. That sounds like a typical race weekend for a lot of hardcore racers. Hoping they get back together and glad no one was more seriously injured.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 07:52 PM

Monte I love the inside info you give us, much appreciated, it really puts things into perspective. I rarely watch NHRA on TV but I watch S.O. every week.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 07:56 PM

Yes I realize that many racers share a similar schedule.........but I doubt there is anyone there telling you that you HAVE to be there or else. Family, other priorities and commitments do NOT matter to them. They change the schedule on a whim and you are expected to be there. And they leverage that by NOT allowing some guys to race that make them mad.

They do have a new producer who is much better........but, they are still all about the show. After Chief's crash.......not one person from Pilgrim went to the hospital to check on him. All they wanted to know was how long would it take to "fix" it and seemed upset that Chief likely wouldn't be able to "flag" tonight's races......you know, with two crushed vertebrae and all.........LOL!!

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 10:56 PM

Monte you are a patient man.

Ray

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 10:58 PM

I see what you are saying. I really hope everyone that was hurt gets well as I enjoy the show. I also noted that somebody compared the cost of a race car to a Hemi car? Apples to oranges. Neither one is a smart investment. But you will lose more on the race car. It takes a long time to build something. My junk used to run 12.50s in 2000 and just got it where it is now a couple of years back. I am gonna bet Chief gets paid well on the show. Why else would they want him back that quick when he is hurting? He either is contracted or the production company don't give a damn about his health. Only the ratings. whistling
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 11:12 PM

I enjoy the show. Most a** clowns don't understand the time and effort that went into that car. I hope both guy's are all right and able to get back on their feet soon After seeing Jeff Lutz car lose on the unprepped street I think it was last year I know those cars are no joke as Lutz's car is one fast car Yea I know its a Chevy but that car does haul tail.
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/19/15 11:18 PM

Ray

iagree

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By Paul_Fancsali
I enjoy the show. Most a** clowns don't understand the time and effort that went into that car. I hope both guy's are all right and able to get back on their feet soon After seeing Jeff Lutz car lose on the unprepped street I think it was last year I know those cars are no joke as Lutz's car is one fast car Yea I know its a Chevy but that car does haul tail.

YES it does fly. This is Jeff's car at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. Look at the front tires and look at were he is on the track. The flag is 1/8 mile

Attached picture 934812_1540562736166439_5035332820355330408_n.jpg
Posted By: CRT

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 12:29 AM

Big Chief talks about his recent crash with Brian "Chucky" Davis.
Props to both of them!
This is how you handle a unfortunate situation!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204100638391188&pnref=story

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 01:38 AM

Everybody LISTEN to this clip please........THIS IS WHO THESE GUYS ARE. They were my friends before this show and will be after. Just a good bunch of guys, who work hard to play hard and happen to be getting their 15 minutes of fame, but are still the same guys they WERE.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 01:43 AM

Ray
Not really......I just HATE misinformation from people who THINK they know the real deal, when in reality they know NOTHING of what they speak.

Everybody has an opinion of the show and how they THINK it works. Well you post those "thinks" enough and then several others read that and opinions soon become accepted truths.

Plus.........as said above, these guys are my friends and I AM going to speak my mind if I feel they are being hated on at times...........they will and HAVE done the same for me.

Same deal with Jeff Lutz. He is a friend and I will tell ANYBODY he is a friend of mine. Could care less about the big "hate" thread that was started about him and the rumors that got around. I KNOW Jeff and what kind of person he is and didn't form that opinion by reading a thread about him on the internet

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 02:06 AM

I was actually going to reply to your last 2 posts, but they spesak for themselves.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 02:09 AM

Monte please don't take my post as a knock. I would love to be on a tv show involving racing 😉
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 05:21 PM

That video just shows how much class, respect those guys have understanding the big picture.....

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 08:05 PM

They need more mopar on that show

How to do that:
1. $10,000 sponsorship for hemi owners
2. 200 cubic inch handicap for B/RB

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 09:02 PM

How to do that:

realcrazy

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 09:08 PM

How to do that:

$10,000 ? Are you going to buy just one cylinder head?
If it could be done with a Hemi, someone would be doing it on the show.

200 cubic inch handicap? Big Cheif's is only a 482... How much smaller do you want it...

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 09:10 PM

A Hemi CAN do it, thanks to Allen Johnson.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 09:16 PM

Pretty sure I can get there with 10 grand worth of help. 💪

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger

And the crow and nova are both FASTER then pro stock car, and they run on the street.
NO N/A car is going to get down the street like that.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 11:09 PM

And the crow and nova are both FASTER then pro stock car, and they run on the street.

Which one of the 405 cars is N/A???

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 11:47 PM

Umm doubt it. PS are in the 4.20's. I think they may be about .30 off.
Posted By: caper

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/20/15 11:49 PM

Wow!!!, I didn't know that these cars are faster than Pro stock cars.
Posted By: cgall

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 12:22 AM

I watched the show a couple of times, could barely sit through the whole thing. They portray Drag Racers as careless and ignorant rural people who have nothing to do than race on country roads for a couple hundred bucks. That's not the image of Drag Racing I want my family and friends to think I am a participant of.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 12:49 AM

The murder nova went 4.40something at a small tire race. At 3600 pounds lol

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 01:19 AM

I can see why no one does. Monte told about all the work and expense for little or no pay. Plus the high risk.
Anyway, this kind of racing is more about the hook than the power. You could drop in the Hemi out of a top fueler, with 4+ times the power of the other cars and still lose.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 01:39 AM

I can see why no one does. Monte told about all the work and expense for little or no pay. Plus the high risk.
Anyway, this kind of racing is more about the hook than the power. You could drop in the Hemi out of a top fueler, with 4+ times the power of the other cars and still lose.

Already done. The last show I saw, they ran against 2 Pro Mods. The Pro Mods couldn't get hooked up to save their lives. But I don't know why they would even attempt to run cars of that level at a street race, except for the 15 minutes of fame.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By sgcuda

Already done. The last show I saw, they ran against 2 Pro Mods. The Pro Mods couldn't get hooked up to save their lives. But I don't know why they would even attempt to run cars of that level at a street race, except for the 15 minutes of fame.

Actually one hooked up fairly well and handed Chuck his azz.......

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By sgcuda

Actually one hooked up fairly well and handed Chuck his azz.......

Chuck always loses. They should kick him out of the 405.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 02:11 AM

Chuck always loses. They should kick him out of the 405.

But who else would fight and swear at everyone?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist

What I'm saying is Allen builds n/a engines.
Non of the outlaws are n/a.
And you are not going to get a n/a to go down the street like they do.
You just can manage the power.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/21/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By caper
Wow!!!, I didn't know that these cars are faster than Pro stock cars.

The nova has been in the 6.40's. and it weights a good 1,000lbs more....
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/22/15 11:40 PM

Happened during filming early this morning.
Last week during filming Derek scattered his engine all over the street.
Boosted GT broke a control arm bolt and crashed his car at the track, daddy Dave totaled the nova at a no prep race.
This year has not been kind to those guys.
That is an understatement. Ouch !!!!

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/23/15 01:01 AM

Through this tread was dead, who gave it CPR?

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/23/15 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist

What I'm saying is Allen builds n/a engines.
Non of the outlaws are n/a.
And you are not going to get a n/a to go down the street like they do.
You just can manage the power.
Whoops I spelled it wrong, I meant Alan Johnson...
http://alanjohnsonperformance.com/
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/23/15 10:26 AM

Chuck did so much better running NOS then he has with the turbos. I think he should go back to the NOS and start winning races again.
I like the show and all the guys, even Doc even though he always has an excuse when he loses a race. Lol
I Hope Chief gets well and finds him another Pontiac.
David

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/24/15 05:17 AM

Well I guess the guy with the blower and nitrous on his chevy truck got his 5 minutes of fame. Lol. Looked like a total dork losing to the dung beetle by a mile

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/24/15 03:47 PM

That truck's a dud.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/24/15 04:00 PM

the dung beetle is no slouch either. give it some credit.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/24/15 04:30 PM

Maybe that's just how it looked on TV? Those little VWs can run really good, but that truck looked like an absolute dud. Big tires, big blower, AND nitrous...sure didn't look like it could get out of its own way.

Re: The Crow, Street Outlaws car involved in bad wreck - 11/24/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Maybe that's just how it looked on TV? Those little VWs can run really good, but that truck looked like an absolute dud. Big tires, big blower, AND nitrous...sure didn't look like it could get out of its own way.

That truck left the line like my Moms 2003 6 cylinder Chevy Malibu, but then again most of the street drivin blower cars are owned by a bunch of "street hoopie" racer wanabees. Let me open my hood so you can be impressed by my blower. Lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums