Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Quote:

ps: I wash my '68 with a terry cloth towel and Comet in the green can. Been doing light colored cars like that for over 30 years. It even says it won't scratch delicate surfaces after all. It works wonders on light colored cars. Use it in the shade working is small sections including glass, chrome, plastic and rubber and rinse well. You will be amazed. It makes my car look like someone buffed it for hours.

I thought I was the only one that used Comet! most people would look at me like I had 3 heads, when I suggested using Comet as a "poor man's compounding" to freshen up paint,.... same here been using it for years, I'll work a panel at at a time by wetting the panel, then sprinkle on the Comet heavy, work it up to a heavy creamy texture, long straight cleaning strokes, light pressure following the vehicles lines, no circular motion, lots of soft Terry cloths (basically one for each panel) and lots of rinse

Now the "secret" is out!...lol!

I tried it once on a dark maroon car.....it photo chemically reacted and ruined what was already a bad finish. I always sprinkle the stuff onto a wet rag and wash away years of oxidation, greasy hand prints and all sorts of other hard to remove stains etc. You might want to test in a small inconspicuous area before committing to the entire car.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)