Originally Posted By Adam71Charger
Not familiar with paint, I just know when i get my charger painted I want the deepest, darkest, wet black possible. Is that something that is achieved through the type of clear coat, the paint or both? What do i ask the painter to do to get the outcome i want?

The only way your going to get a "wet" look is BC/CC, I'd recommend either Dupont Chroma Premier BC/CC Black base 99K or Chroma Premier's Super Jet Black base G9900S with Chroma Premier "High Glamour Clear" or HOK's (House of Kolor) S2-25 JET BLACK basecoat with House of Kolor urethane Kosmic Klear

The HOK is probably your best choice, base is about $200 gallon, and the Kosmic Klear is about $150 gallon

Prep/finish is key to the finish your looking for, for a wet look black finish, I finish block/wet sand the primer base to 600 grit, no sealer finish, just basecoat color choice, and several coats of clear...I usually wait 3-4 weeks to cut/wet sand the clear coat, I start lightly with 800 grit, then 1000, then 1200, then 1500, then 2000,....and finish with 2500 grit and sometimes 3000 grit paper, no compounding, just polish

Customer's car with Dupount Chroma Premier BC/CC... Black basecoat 99K and Chroma Premier High Gloss Glamour clear

Mike

BlkRR6.jpgBlkRR2.jpgBlkRR7.jpg