I have no history or knowledge on the 245 Indy head, but I can give you some info on my 360-2 230cc heads. I ran these heads on a basic 408 (4.030 bore X 4" crank)

Indy moved the exhaust valve location .030 away from the intake valve, I'm assuming to be able to get that big 2.10 and 1.625 valve in them. We ran into a problem with radial clearance on my exhaust valve relief because of this ( Diamond shelf 4" crank Pistons.) luckily I had enough deck and the valve wasn't into the valve relief (.690 roller)

Another thing to be aware of is that chamber size seems to change depending on heads. My heads were only decked .010 to clean up the surface, and the valve job was redone. I ended up with 73cc chambers... I know another guy who's heads have 68cc chambers and they hadn't been milled. Now mind you, these heads have the CNC, so that will slightly enlarge the chamber.

Just some things to be aware of before purchasing. I love my Indys and they make good power otherwise. I will be putting them on a 427 (4.060x4.125") motor in the future.

Last edited by 340_Dart; 10/20/15 02:10 PM.