WCMac, l thought you meant the tranny but wasn't sure.
Myron: the car is a 71 valiant (dart body style) 340 motor 727 trans 8 3/4 rear, motor and mid plate, rubber trans mount, caltrops and monos ,8 point bar with drivers side swinge out, frame connectors, 13x31 pheonix tires on the rear, 27 in tall old style moroso fronts, weights about 3000 with me as driver. It runs 7.0s 1/8 and 11.2s in the 1/4. It always ran best (et wise with 4.88s but got 5.13s with winning contingency so thought I would try them) 3 championships and a runner up over15 yrs. then some health issues sidelined me. Last 4 yrs I've raced about 6 or 7 times a yr, so Dennis is right. I'm old and I don't get the needed seat time now. Also as you said different tracks require a different starting line rollout. I'm on the edge right now with running 40 to 42 lbs in the front tire to get 0 or 500 lights so I'm looking for ways to quicken the cars reaction so I have more wiggle room at the starting line. Hope that clarifies some things, if not I'll try to answer other ?s. Thanks guys for the help, especially Russ because contrary to his opinion it is always about HIM lol. That's an inside joke between Russ and I!

can 13