Originally Posted By STEFF
Originally Posted By superhog88
What's the max lift you are looking to handle
Assuming steel as the material but if they work out will you consider aluminum for lighter duty engines
How do you test them assuming on an engine of course but are there other test or is there such a thing as a dyno for rocker gear
Thanks for the info steve

I ended up with a 1.72 ratio on the intake rockers and 1.68 on the exhaust. I have a .410" lobe. With lash, looking at about .691" lift on the intake and about .670" on exhaust. Material is steel. No plans to experiment with aluminum. I designed them to clear a 1.300" dia. LS dbl. valve spring. Testing is putting them on my own motor and let er' rip!! What ever happens, happens....good or bad. It's the only way you learn things.

so are you thinking the springs were your problems? You really cant run a dual valve spring on the newer heads because of the boss is holding the guide on top instead of in the port like the 6.1 heads. But you can fit much bigger behives on the newer heads

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs